Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! I’m looking to purchase a Panigale 899 motor to replace mine which finally gave out after 73K miles! I‘d like to purchase something with 10-12K miles or less on it. Please PM me with any info that will help with my search. I’m located in Southern California.

Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looking for a Panigale 899 motor to replace mine which finally gave out after 73K miles! I like to purchase something with 10K miles or less on it.

Thanks.
I bought one on eBay , you can also put in an 1199 engine.

I have created a thread here of my 1199 swap .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m searching on eBay, but I bought one there and had it installed and found it was making abnormal noise. The mechanic said it might have been ran while on it’s side. End result, seller agreed to a return/refund but I took it in the shorts for the labor $$$ to do the swap and then the removal. Costly lesson. I wish there was recourse against the seller. It was advertised as “runs and shifts perfectly” and it was said to have only 1,300 miles. The mileage appeared true, but it certainly didn’t run “perfectly.”

·
Registered
161 Posts
Any suggestions on potential sources? Also, is anyone familiar with a "Chris Desmo" out of the Toronto Canada area? Kijiji Canada Just wondering if this guy is a reputable seller or if anyone has any experience with him. Thanks.
I personally know Chris , I have bought stuff from him .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally know Chris , I have bought stuff from him .

That didn't sound like a strong vote of confidence. Should I steer clear? Does he operate a shop up there or just selling via online classifieds?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found one! Thanks to all who contributed to my search. I greatly appreciated your input and assistance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That didn't sound like a strong vote of confidence. Should I steer clear? Does he operate a shop up there or just selling via online classifieds?
He has a shop full of Ducati parts , ask him to send you pictures .

Not sure what you want me to say however I bought stuff and been in his shop. He is expensive but has good parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He has a shop full of Ducati parts , ask him to send you pictures .

Not sure what you want me to say however I bought stuff and been in his shop. He is expensive but has good parts.

No worries. I do appreciate your comments. He was asking $3500 plus $600 shipping (no throttle bodies or wiring harness), which confirms the "expensiveness" of what was very likely an excellent used motor with about 2300 mi. on it. When I asked for photos, communication ceased though. Probably figured I was too much of a hassle and it would sell just as easily up there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts