Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been about three years since my last wipeout. Unfortunately this Saturday I low sided into a creek.

I was mid turn and had to pull out to dodge a huge rut in the road. I pulled back in to the lean, but my tire was to close to the loose concrete at the edge of the road. There rear wheel slipped out and I slid in to the creek bed with my Panigale. I'm banged up a bit, but I was wearing good gear that saved my life. The cordura jeans protected me from the barbed wire, and the crash armor and helmet absorbed the impact of landing on those rocks. The only painful damage to me is my lower back that the back shield didn't cover. Nothing broken, just badly bruised up.

Anyway, I figured while I was sitting here on Percocet that I'd let the forum know. I'll miss that bike!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
geeze. glad your're ok. I can't stand Percocet...**** makes me stop breathing and nauseous.

with the bike in water like that...will be totaled?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Glad you are ok! That is the main thing. Hard to believe that folks in the States ride Harley's in a Tee Shirt and no helmet. Much to be said for wearing proper gear. Hopefully the engine was off before it hit the water. Water doesn't compress too well. Bikes can be fixed and bikes can be replaced. Body parts are not so easy so consider yourself fortunate. Best wishes for a safe return with the 899!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I loved that bike, already had 6 months and thousands of miles with her. I'm thinking about an 1199 this time... Ugh I don't know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
+1

GLad the man upstairs was watching out for you. Glad you are ok. My condolences.

Sorry to hear about the crash.

Bikes can be replaced, getting your self right is the most important.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.