Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ducati 899 Panigale is built to go fast, and it is also built to be driven on a track. The point is, it really isn't a casual bike for getting here and there.

Are you planning to just drive the 899 Panigale around town nicely, perhaps down the highway faster than you should, or maybe you will be taking regular trips to the track to really let the bike show you what it can do? Just curious...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Take it out on the highway for sure. I would take it to the track as well. Not so much for commuting, more so for actually enjoying the ride.

·
Registered
301 Posts
everywhere possible.

some tracktime if the budget allows. though I'd be afraid to lay it down while its still so new :(

·
Registered
328 Posts
I live far away from tracks, closest one for me is a good 2 hours away so It will mainly be my bike for the city and just about anywhere im willing to take it to.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I can see driving it on the highway quite a bit. I wouldn't want to be weaving in and out of traffic though, so i'd choose days that aren't so busy. Plenty of space to drive and not many other cars to get in the way.

I have to figure that is what most people will be doing with the Panigale. It seems like more of a second bike because you need some experience to ride it and it would be better to have a more casual bike as your first one.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yea I can see driving it on the highway quite a bit. I wouldn't want to be weaving in and out of traffic though, so i'd choose days that aren't so busy. Plenty of space to drive and not many other cars to get in the way.

I have to figure that is what most people will be doing with the Panigale. It seems like more of a second bike because you need some experience to ride it and it would be better to have a more casual bike as your first one.

I'll ride the 899 on the street to break it in fast. After that it's track only and the Diavel will be just for the street. Fortunately I live close to two tracks and can ride just about every week if I want.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
the back roads, the high roads, the low roads all over the bonnie braes and back of loch lomond!... and any other roads that take me to the good bendy roads... possibly a few tracks days next year (Maria Costello holds them, and took the RC8 on them this year!)

·
Registered
328 Posts
the back roads, the high roads, the low roads all over the bonnie braes and back of loch lomond!... and any other roads that take me to the good bendy roads... possibly a few tracks days next year (Maria Costello holds them, and took the RC8 on them this year!)
not a bad way to enjoy your 899
don't forget to show us pictures and even video coverage if you could.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would ride it on the road, but also in the city some times. I hope it's more userfriendly for every day use than what i've heard from the 1199.:confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would ride it on the road, but also in the city some times. I hope it's more userfriendly for every day use than what i've heard from the 1199.:confused:
That's the truth - I loved my 1199 until I saw a red light. Haha :D. From every article I've read (mostly describing Imola in the rain), the 899 should be loads better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's the truth - I loved my 1199 until I saw a red light. Haha :D. From every article I've read (mostly describing Imola in the rain), the 899 should be loads better.
That's what I expect the most from the 899.. As far as the reviews from Imola sound, it can be compared to the japanese 1000cc's comfort (I don't remember where I've read that). As long as it's not worse than my Daytona 675 I'm happy :D
But I really don't know why the 899 should be more comfortable than the 1199 since the ergonomics are almost the same (as MCN says: "It's userfriendly, comfortable, (...).").
Well I'm looking for a testride to find out but it's raining and windy and cold here in switzerland :mad:...

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I am putting the 600 break-in miles on my bike and then taking it on a 4200 mile cross country journey.

Bike comes in this month, but the journey won't happen until April. Boo!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts