Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well due to my wife's car going on a permanent vacation to car heaven I will have to put off buying my bike for some time. It was not an accident just a break down that is too expensive to fix and not worth it on an older car. Meanwhile, I will have to do with my Ninja. I keep my Ninja outside because I leave on an apartment and there is no covered garage. Now I don't mind that on my cheaper bike but kind of worry about a 15k bike outside with just a cover. Does anyone here leave the bike outside? If so, how is it handling the elements? I am not concerned about the bike being stolen or damaged because it is a good neighborhood. My main concern is durability of the bike if kept outside.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
For sure... keep a good all weather cover, with a cloth liner, over it and you should be golden... Possibly put a second soft blanket or sheet under the cover to protect against abrasion for the windy days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So don't keep it outside, take it into your apartment. My gf just bought a new CBR250R last week, shes lives in an apartment complex. I pull it thru her front door and right into her kitchen, done.
My apartment is on a second floor and the only way up is stairs :( I don't mind leaving it outside if it will hold. My bike is showing signs of rust in few places including the chain but it is a cheap bike (ninja 300) maybe made of cheaper materials. Maybe I could apply some coating to the metals of the Pani so it won't rust. I leave in Jacksonville closer to the coast so the air is a bit salty. I will definitely replace my bike once I save enough money again the way it is now, it might be a 2015 model when I am ready.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Given the high humidity down there, make sure you have a cover that breathes. Trapped moisture is worse than salt air. There are some manufacturers that sell motorcycle 'tents' with ventilation systems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.