Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
No. But if your traction control (DTC) is set high, it is likely that a difference in wheel speed between the front and rear will be interpreted as a loss of traction and it will cut the ignition which will result in preventing wheelies.

Reactions: RCEE

·
Registered
40 Posts
On a 959, you have to completely disable the TC to get the front wheel up more and an inch or so.
I suspect the 899 is the same. Nothing like trying it yourself. Start with high TC then progressively lower it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There's four things individually adjustable in the menu for each of the three riding modes:
1) Engine power: Low (power reduced with linear throttle response), Medium (full power with linear throttle response), High (full power with exponential throttle response). Personally, I like medium.
2) ABS
3) EBC
4) TC (this is the one which prevents wheelies)

I only use race mode to fool around. I changed the race mode settings for power to Medium and disabled TC completely while keeping ABS and EBC at their default setting. It will wheelie in first and second gear with ease. Second gear is actually much better for me as it's much less violent.

·
Registered
830 Posts
My DTC is set to stock... the way I wheelie is whack the throttle open in 2nd gear, chop it off immediately to compress the front forks, then whack it wide open like it owed me money and the front end comes up a foot or more every time.

Always keep that rear brake covered.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My DTC is set to stock... the way I wheelie is whack the throttle open in 2nd gear, chop it off immediately to compress the front forks, then whack it wide open like it owed me money and the front end comes up a foot or more every time.

Always keep that rear brake covered.
Even with an aggressive whack, do you think it's possible to loop out using this method?

Or will the DTC catch it before it gets too high?

In other words, what's the highest you've gone with this method?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts