Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we get the standard "Tool Kit" from Ducati but just wandering what else are people taking with them on rides?

A Chamois perhaps, anything else?

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Absolutely nothing under mine at the moment, just realised I never put the tool kit back under the seat after fitting my tail tidy!!

Usually wire up a charging point for my phone under the seat, really handy when on trips. Not sure ill do it on the 899 yet, usually come straight from battery which on last few bikes has been under riders seat, different position on the 899 and not looked how easy routing cable would be.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
336 Posts
Oni

If i get a puncture i will call Ducati rider assist:)

cheers

Armando
And miss out on a few hours of riding while waiting for roadside to come while it only takes 10 minutes max to fix it yourself. I don't think so.

Also isn't there a fee involved if the bike is XX amount of distance from the workshop or house? I vaguely remember reading something like that in the Rider Assist book.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Don't do what I did and not click the rear seat down properly and have it come off mid ride - car ran over it and split it :(
Just ordered a new one.

FWIW, Ducati could have at least put a hex key in to adjust preload on the front forks.

d

·
Registered
104 Posts
In addition to the small took kit and the passenger grab strap. Don't people put their registration and insurance under the seat? I know I do. It's the law here in California to have those two documents with you or the bike at all times.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bottle of water,spare visor,cloth,visor clean,phone,pack of mints,dont know what the problem is,trunk on my 899 is huge !!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
In addition to the small took kit and the passenger grab strap. Don't people put their registration and insurance under the seat? I know I do. It's the law here in California to have those two documents with you or the bike at all times.
I keep mine under that tiny little door at the bottom under the tool kit lol. That and a couple condoms is about all that will fit!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've got the UK Ducati Alarm System under mine and the **** thing takes up so much space the tool kit won't go under. How well designed is that ?

It also means i've got to run an optimate instead of the Ducati charger as I can't access the charging point because the Alarm clips into that little hatch under the seat with security fittings... doh!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I actually keep mine in my riding jacket. ATGATT so I always have it on me. Plus it's easier in case I take my other bike (which doesn't have a 'secret compartment'.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have the tool kit, helmet bag/ emergency backpack, 2 AAA LED headlamp, copy of insurance & reg, battery tender lead, usb charge adapter (2.1 A), and very short micro usb adapter.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts