Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
you need a #3, #4 and #5 metric key set....I used a multi-tool like this one and it did the entire job.

3,4,5 and 6 are used all around the bike as well, so its a tool that you'll keep using again and again and again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much!.. I was going to return my tail tidy.. cuz I didnt know what tools I needed..LOL

btw, I was searching.. and heard ppl need a long key for some thing..? Do U know what that is?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Catiken, it may be necessary to get a #3 and #4 as long reach, but i bet you can borrow that key from any of your more mechanical buddies if your multi-tool doesn't reach. The multi-tool i showed was an example. Mine have a tad longer reach than that one, it would appear. Not necessary, but a magnetic reach tool to collect the screws is helpful too

·
Registered
83 Posts
just take out the tail section fairings and have someone with small fingers take care of those bolts under the seat...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
*UPDATE*

First.. I got to say.. Competition Werks tail tidy instructions suck a$$ ! POS !!

Quality could be better for the price they charge up the a$$ POS !!

Follow the instruction and you get no where... I had to take the whole rear off to install this POS.. I couldnt get the pegs off.. cuz I had limited tools... and no instructions on how... but I wanted to keep the pegs... so its all good..

The signals came with a clip on to stock connectors.. but the license plate light didnt come with any connectors.. so I ended up not installing it.. No instruction on how to on this too.. POS !!

Would I buy it again? F aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa k NO..

Took me almost 4 hours to finish the job.. LOL..

btw, Our forum sponsor does have the best price in town!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.