Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So then being in the UK our track time is restricted to the months of around March to October, I know the rest of the world I the rest of the world is warm lol but we are unlucky!!

Here is my question, Has anyone booked there 1st track day yet? if so where? and what do you think this is going to be like compared to the 848, and what previous track experience have you had?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did a few trackdays last year on the 848,i found the first lot of trackdays in the year were full of club racers and full on race teams giving there bikes a shake down befor the season starts,so it was quite hectic,as the year progressed i found the track days became more enjoyable.The Ducati tri options starts soon the 899 will run alongside the 848 all the top riders have changed to the 899,read into that what you may.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know what you mean at the trackdays and saturdays and sundays can be quite hectic aswell, Ive done a few trackdays during the week and theres hardly anyone there you get the track to yourself its awesome!! I think Ill book my 1st trackday this year around april time and see how the 899 goes, Im so excited lol!!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Ive done a few track days run by Ducati Glasgow at knockhill.
Well worth the money, had tution too from a few guys there. Even done the reverse track day on the KTM RC8…. that was odd!
I am certainly getting my name down this year for a few track days with them.
Also done Teeside on the RC8… that was quite an intricate track for that bike I hope the 899 will be easier to ride there this year. Maria Costello has organised a couple of track days for silverstone too.
Who knows how many I will get to attend this year.. but I am certainly looking forward to finding out how much of a track bike the 899 will be!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive done a few track days run by Ducati Glasgow at knockhill.
Well worth the money, had tution too from a few guys there. Even done the reverse track day on the KTM RC8…. that was odd!
I am certainly getting my name down this year for a few track days with them.
Also done Teeside on the RC8… that was quite an intricate track for that bike I hope the 899 will be easier to ride there this year. Maria Costello has organised a couple of track days for silverstone too.
Who knows how many I will get to attend this year.. but I am certainly looking forward to finding out how much of a track bike the 899 will be!
I bet it was odd, I thought only Honda gold wings had reverse lol!! On a serious note would love to get round Silverstone, but I will always say paddock hill bend will always be my favourite corner ever lol!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've only ever done one track day, that was last year on my honda cb1000r, at brans, so much fun, so much grip.... Never smiled so much, until this year . Can't wait

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I hit Phillip Island quite often and it is an amazing track to ride.
It's summer here at the moment so I will be taking the 899 to the track in early Feb to see how it compares to the RSV4R.
I owned a 2008 848 years ago and I never got around to putting in the correct weight spring and could therefore never get the bike setup properly. I always found the 848 to be as hard as plank in stock form and it gave me the shits that you couldn't dial the stock settings to be compliant in any way.

d

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I was on track last summer in Texas at Harris Hill Raceway, Texas World Speedway and Motorsports Ranch Cresson. All on my CBR600RR. I currently live near Road Atlanta, and am close enough to hit up Barber but I'm absurdly busy (US Army Drill Sergeant). I doubt I'll have any time for the track soon, but I can't wait to get it out there. It is more capable in every way than my CBR was.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was on track last summer in Texas at Harris Hill Raceway, Texas World Speedway and Motorsports Ranch Cresson. All on my CBR600RR. I currently live near Road Atlanta, and am close enough to hit up Barber but I'm absurdly busy (US Army Drill Sergeant). I doubt I'll have any time for the track soon, but I can't wait to get it out there. It is more capable in every way than my CBR was.
by far!
great upgrade from the CBR600RR.
that CBR is my favorite one yet, such a clean looking bike, fast enough for most, especially someone like myself.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I bought a season pass to Hastings Motorsports Park and Mid America Motorplex. We have close to 20 events from April-October. About 1/2 of those are weekend events and rest being MotoMondays. MotoMondays are great because only the experienced guys go and there are fewer riders. I hope to do one long trip to either Barber, NOLA or a new track in Kentucky.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Would like to do Oulton Park and Cadwell Park a couple of times each this year, love Cadwell for "the mountain" had a couple of my old track bikes airborne there. Just a little worried about the noise levels of the 899 with the Termi's fitted, so any feedback from early track days be welcome.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My first track day on the 899 is coming up in May (May 23rd at Miller Motorsports Park). The only other bike I've had on the track is my 07 and 09 CBR600s so this should be a pretty different feel. I can't wait.

I'll also be hitting both the perimeter track days July 25th and September 1st.
Check out our friends at apextrackdays.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts