Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some custom vinyl decals applied to my bike several months ago and one of the edges has rolled up and come undone in a corner where the decal fits a curve.... I tried using rubber cement to tack it back down, but its not working.

I was thinking of using some spray adhesive in a can... I was going to spray a piece of cardboard to make a small adhesive puddle then use a small paint brush to apply it to the decal edge, tack it down, then use some black electrical tape to hold it until it dried... but if I ever remove the decals I didn't want the adhesive to mess up the paint.

Anybody have experience with something like this? Any recommendations for a proper adhesive to use?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FWIW, I called the window tint guy who did my decals... he does body wraps too. He told me he has some special adhesion promotor and adhesive that's made for this application, so he's going to take care of it. I didn't know they made products like that.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was taking too long to get in to see the installer, so I got a can of 3M #80 vinyl/rubber adhesive, sprayed on a paper plate and used a small paint brush to apply to the decal and it sticks great! 3M also makes an adhesive remover if I ever take the decals off and need to remove the adhesive in that area, 3M says it doesn't remove paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts