Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a couple thousand miles of playing around with different combined settings, I think I've finally found what I'm looking for. Playing with the EBC a bunch was most of it.

Race Mode
EBC - Disabled
DTC - 5
ABS - 2

Course those are the same settings as disabling EBC in sport mode and setting the engine level to high. I'd turn down DTC a notch but I prefer it that high in case of debris on mountain roads I may come up on out of a blind turn.

Now if only I could adjust the DQS, if it had settings to make it a little faster, I'd be set. Also too bad it can't be smarter about knowing my speed, gear, throttle positions to be more adaptive on the fly. I still think DQS for downshifts would be absolute sex if it revved matched.

Took 3 adjustments to get the shift lever in just the right spot. Had a little too much play in the rear brake lever. 1 click tighter on the front brake lever, a couple clicks tighter on the clutch lever. I took the time to replace and bleed all my hydraulic fluids too. Turned my display back-light to the lowest because I had too much glare on my visor on med or high at night and can still see it crystal clear during the day.

I won't dare even touch on suspension settings since that's REALLY user specific, riding style, and road surface dependent. But I finally have that dialed in just right for me now too.

Can't wait to get the new set of tires on I ordered. Gearbox feels great after another oil change I just did. Now I just need to bite the bullet and spend on the 1199 LED headlights, **** I can't say enough how terribly narrow the high beam is, it's stupid dangerous on mountain roads at night.

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement of having everything feeling *just right* :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
After a couple thousand miles of playing around with different combined settings, I think I've finally found what I'm looking for. Playing with the EBC a bunch was most of it.

Race Mode
EBC - Disabled
What do you mean by EBC disabled? Do you mean you actually have it off so that you're using full engine braking?

From what I've read most people like it set to 2 or 3 which provides moderate and minimal engine braking effect and still helps keeps the rear from becoming squirrelly especially with spirited riding...

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Hmm,

I am:

Race
DTC 6
ABS 2
EBC 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.