are those rearsets or just footpegs?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
they look a lil big

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice Monty, You finally caved and got the same reservoirs as me. What is the last image meant to be?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Monty, what's the noticeable difference after the termis upgrade? Is it worth the money spent? Thanks
I'm no speed freak on the road......they are more for bling than anything. They do sound nice...i wouldn't say alot different from stock....but they do give out a nice 'pop' every now and then!

For the money? No. If you have disposable income like me (no mortgage, no kids, no divorce and *ahem.....a well paid job) then go for it.They look goo. I would prefer the Akras but they are serious $$$$$ and no upmap for that yet.

Its the same for Rizoma reservoirs........all they do is hold liquid. the stock plastic ones do exactly the same job....so whats its all about?....looking nice.

I was never a believer in spending too much money on aftermarket parts but I saved for 2 years for this bike and I want it to look special. I want people to look at it and go 'cool....look at that....awesome bike'

The pic of the month is only now going to start getting intersting. The first month was just stock bikes.......nothing special. OK...some guys had termis...some changed the foot pegs and fender eliminators....but that was it.
Now, carbon is coming out, I have a decal design ready to go.

I still walk outside, see my bike and think..."I'm a lucky guy!"

Sorry if I bored you!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm no speed freak on the road......they are more for bling than anything. They do sound nice...i wouldn't say alot different from stock....but they do give out a nice 'pop' every now and then!

For the money? No. If you have disposable income like me (no mortgage, no kids, no divorce and *ahem.....a well paid job) then go for it.They look goo. I would prefer the Akras but they are serious $$$$$ and no upmap for that yet.

Its the same for Rizoma reservoirs........all they do is hold liquid. the stock plastic ones do exactly the same job....so whats its all about?....looking nice.

I was never a believer in spending too much money on aftermarket parts but I saved for 2 years for this bike and I want it to look special. I want people to look at it and go 'cool....look at that....awesome bike'

The pic of the month is only now going to start getting intersting. The first month was just stock bikes.......nothing special. OK...some guys had termis...some changed the foot pegs and fender eliminators....but that was it.
Now, carbon is coming out, I have a decal design ready to go.

I still walk outside, see my bike and think..."I'm a lucky guy!"

Sorry if I bored you!
I have to give it to Ducati on this bike - it's the first sportbike I've owned that has actually come with an exhaust that's not both super muffled and absolutely hideously ugly. The Termis do have a bit of a nicer note to them (stock sounds a bit tinny) but I was surprised to find out they are actually a bit quieter than the stock exhaust at certain RPMs. I wish they'd made them a bit louder, and the performance difference is completely not worth the price of the pipes but I'm buying them anyways as soon as I have the $$ for the same reason as you ;). In the mean-time though, I don't feel like I have a giant plastic and metal clown trumpet shooting out the side of my bike that makes no noise (see: Suzuki, Kawasaki, etc) so I can get by with my neurosis in check :p.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have to give it to Ducati on this bike - it's the first sportbike I've owned that has actually come with an exhaust that's not both super muffled and absolutely hideously ugly. The Termis do have a bit of a nicer note to them (stock sounds a bit tinny) but I was surprised to find out they are actually a bit quieter than the stock exhaust at certain RPMs. I wish they'd made them a bit louder, and the performance difference is completely not worth the price of the pipes but I'm buying them anyways as soon as I have the $$ for the same reason as you ;). In the mean-time though, I don't feel like I have a giant plastic and metal clown trumpet shooting out the side of my bike that makes no noise (see: Suzuki, Kawasaki, etc) so I can get by with my neurosis in check :p.
If I were you and can save up those pennies....wait for akras to become more 'available'....they look so awesome. Don't forget alot of places like tracks have dB limitations....in Uk its like 98dB or something, which makes the stock exhaust illegal from the off. i have had the baffles removed too.
I like that every now and then you get a 'pop' from the termis.....especially if you miss 2nd and over rev in neutral!!! :rolleyes:

Underbelly exhausts look good anyway.....the days of massive Microns on the side are hopefully gone.....one of the reasons I didn't go for the Aprilia RSV4....massive SS Enterprise bolt on!

Just count yourself lucky, you're not in Japan!..........big fat Cohiba cigar sticking out the side!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
is there anyone else making exhaust for this puppy? no M4's, no Yoshi's, Two Brothers, Vince & whoever...?

I love akra's but their price is really prohibitive, just like the termi's ...

·
Registered
89 Posts
If I were you and can save up those pennies....wait for akras to become more 'available'....they look so awesome. Don't forget alot of places like tracks have dB limitations....in Uk its like 98dB or something, which makes the stock exhaust illegal from the off. i have had the baffles removed too.
I like that every now and then you get a 'pop' from the termis.....especially if you miss 2nd and over rev in neutral!!! :rolleyes:

Underbelly exhausts look good anyway.....the days of massive Microns on the side are hopefully gone.....one of the reasons I didn't go for the Aprilia RSV4....massive SS Enterprise bolt on!

Just count yourself lucky, you're not in Japan!..........big fat Cohiba cigar sticking out the side!
Haha I've seen those Japanese ones - they're hilarious. Luckily we don't have super strict track rules here as far as sound (at least not at the ghetto excuse for a track in my area). Not sure about racing but just casual track days - which is the most I do - I know are fine as long as you're not running a straight pipe or something that's obnoxiously loud.

I think the Akras look friggin amazing - nicer than the Termis for sure. I noticed that they don't come with the filter + upmap that the Termis do. I'll have to do some digging and see if they require an ECU flash or some other kind of electrical shenanigans to keep things in tune.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha I've seen those Japanese ones - they're hilarious. Luckily we don't have super strict track rules here as far as sound (at least not at the ghetto excuse for a track in my area). Not sure about racing but just casual track days - which is the most I do - I know are fine as long as you're not running a straight pipe or something that's obnoxiously loud.

I think the Akras look friggin amazing - nicer than the Termis for sure. I noticed that they don't come with the filter + upmap that the Termis do. I'll have to do some digging and see if they require an ECU flash or some other kind of electrical shenanigans to keep things in tune.
you can get power commander but it will void your warranty as far as i am aware.

·
Registered
89 Posts
you can get power commander but it will void your warranty as far as i am aware.
Yeah, I'd rather wait for an official map. That and I just can't justify the price of the Akras right now. A new supercharger plus fuel system upgrade for my S4 is cheaper than that set of pipes. I hope there is some more competition on the market soon so they can drop these down to something less insane.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the full Akrapovic system on my 899. They are plug and play, you will have no problems with them if you do not get the bike dyno tuned. That said you will not be using them to their full potential (that 5 bhp gain).

If you get them installed take them to a dyno and have them flash the ECU with Tuneboy. No need for a Power Commander as the 899/1199 ECU is pretty **** smart. Once you get the tuneboy installed and dyno'd you will love it. Not to mention you also get the cruise control feature.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the full Akrapovic system on my 899. They are plug and play, you will have no problems with them if you do not get the bike dyno tuned. That said you will not be using them to their full potential (that 5 bhp gain).

If you get them installed take them to a dyno and have them flash the ECU with Tuneboy. No need for a Power Commander as the 899/1199 ECU is pretty **** smart. Once you get the tuneboy installed and dyno'd you will love it. Not to mention you also get the cruise control feature.
Nice......but didn't Jarel say it would void the warranty if you messed with the ECU.
I had Akras on my 848 and were fine. But isn't there the point of if you add these systems, the remapping is to make them run at their best efficiency?

Will the dealer notice if they plug in the diagnostics and they see this Tuneboy application?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
one thing you guys are forgetting when it comes to aftermarket exhausts: The biggest gains aren't had from the added power, cause they're usually minimal at best (5 hp for $2000), but the biggest difference will be the reduction in weight over the stock. Anyone know the weights?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.