Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey,

Had my Termi slip on installed at my first service.
All work was done at the ducati workshop.

Here are the results for a before and after dyno run.

When they installed the slip on's, they pulled the whole servo thing out
And no db killers where used.

Also I would just like to say, before everyone starts going on about the figures are bull etc,
I know that all dyno's are different and may read to high or to low.

But this was done, just to see if there was actually any power gains etc from the slip on's.

The biggest notice I can feel when riding the bike, is there is more power/torque of the line.

Stock : 126.06 hp
Pipes : 131.20 hp

I questioned the 5.14hp gain
All they said was, installed pipes uploaded the up map and dyno run
Nothing else was done.

Anyway here is the dyno sheet.

Thanks

Colin

·
Registered
336 Posts
That is an interesting graph. It looks like the slip-ons are almost identical in power to the stock cans with the exception of the peak in the high rpms which is quite odd for a slip-on. I expected to see more power over the stock cans down low then up top.

As for the HP figures always take them with a grain of salt. You could go to 10 different dynos and you will get 10 different readings. What your looking for is the smoothness of the power delivery and torque.

The bikes feels much better when its been dyno tuned. So smooth wouldn't you agree?

Reactions: Sash

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would question how your bike in stock form managed a max of 146.05 Torque and only 99.52 after the upgrades.

There is no way this bike could produce 146.05. Something strange happened on the stock dyno run.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would question how your bike in stock form managed a max of 146.05 Torque and only 99.52 after the upgrades.

There is no way this bike could produce 146.05. Something strange happened on the stock dyno run.
Yeah I saw that too, looks like a few blips of erroneous data there. If the torque actually doubled in a spike like that you'd be in for a serious problem powering out of a corner. Looks like those guys need to service their dyno.

Thanks for posting the chart up though - very interesting results; pretty much what I expected. With a freer flowing system it's pretty common to see that type of a trend with the horsepower, amplified at higher rpms where it's really starting to breathe. I am a little surprised that the new fuel / timing map didn't bump up the hp a across the whole curve though. I guess our bikes aren't limited much from the factory. I'd love to get a tune designed for higher octane fuel like I did with my car - huge hp and torque jump after the ECU flash.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The difference is really in the map, and doesn't have much to do with the pipes. The stock exhaust already flows pretty well, but if you have the non-homologated slip-ons that get rid of the catalytic converters then they're a little bit more open than stock. If you did nothing else other than install the up-map with the stock pipes, you'd probably see 3 of those 5 peak HP unleashed. The stock maps have to pass Euro 3 emissions, so they're a little leaner than they could be for optimal power output, the up-map takes care of this. The main benefit of the actual Termi cans is that they're titanium and thus lighter than the stock cans.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bikes feels much better when its been dyno tuned. So smooth wouldn't you agree?
I didn't get a tune
Just a power run
But with the up map installed

As you can see from the graph
Not much change
But you can feel. I'm guessing more responsive of the line.

I would have liked it if it gave more power down low tho.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The difference is really in the map, and doesn't have much to do with the pipes. The stock exhaust already flows pretty well, but if you have the non-homologated slip-ons that get rid of the catalytic converters then they're a little bit more open than stock. If you did nothing else other than install the up-map with the stock pipes, you'd probably see 3 of those 5 peak HP unleashed. The stock maps have to pass Euro 3 emissions, so they're a little leaner than they could be for optimal power output, the up-map takes care of this. The main benefit of the actual Termi cans is that they're titanium and thus lighter than the stock cans.
So basicly there is no difference in the stock cans and the termi's. Other than the termi's are titanium ?

If someone just up loaded the up map with stock cans.
It will give the same figure/gain ?

If so. My up map is available for hire lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
The up map simply switches the up map onto the bike and in return saves the stock map. I recently decat'ed my standard silencers and asked my dealer if they could re use one. They explained this to me. Kim have maps coded to the chassis number so you can only use them on the one bike. Think triumph are the only manufacture now where you can try different maps.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Full-power dyno runs don't tell the whole story. There probably are gains at part throttle. Also, that graph looked like it both opened up the bottom a little and the top a good bit. The HP isn't what you want to look at, look at the torque.

·
Registered
793 Posts
So is itpossible to just buy an up map from the dealer? Seems the Termi's are mainly just cosmetic....
No, you have to buy the Termi's. The big advantage is that the Termi's eliminate the catalytic converters which also reduces the weight.

Reactions: Mariner

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did the motorcycle have to be partially disassembled in order to access the tachometer wire prior to the dyno run?

Or was it a simple ride up, strap it down, and go?

·
Registered
830 Posts
For $400 bucks send your OEM cans to our member PHL and he will core the catalytic converters out of the stock cans... I did this, the sound was amazing, weight savings, and much more sound! $400 bucks vs. $2500 for Termi's? Buy a Termi sticker and save your money! No up map required! The Ducati tech told me that the gains from Termi's with an upmap are so insignificant, that coring your OEM exhaust that an upmap is not necessary at all.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Hey hey,

Had my Termi slip on installed at my first service.
All work was done at the ducati workshop.

Here are the results for a before and after dyno run.

When they installed the slip on's, they pulled the whole servo thing out
And no db killers where used.

Also I would just like to say, before everyone starts going on about the figures are bull etc,
I know that all dyno's are different and may read to high or to low.

But this was done, just to see if there was actually any power gains etc from the slip on's.

The biggest notice I can feel when riding the bike, is there is more power/torque of the line.

Stock : 126.06 hp
Pipes : 131.20 hp

I questioned the 5.14hp gain
All they said was, installed pipes uploaded the up map and dyno run
Nothing else was done.

Anyway here is the dyno sheet.

Thanks

Colin
Not sure about those torque readings, stock at the crank Ducat claim 148Hp and 99Nm, so at the wheel you can expect a significant loss in power.

Still, the power curve looks to be nice and clean, a bit of tuning should sort the mid range for you.

Here's my map with a full system, MWR filter & Rexxer map, still a small dip mid range and its running rich at the top end....I'm working on that...

Reactions: Panzer and Mariner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.