·
Premium Member
696 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi did anyone try this ?

TechSpec Tank Grip Kit - 899/1199 Panigale | 62-1506-C3

Want to know if its good. My guess is it would be if not it will not appear in Jarel house ? Hahaha.
I got them on my bike. Well the snakeskin ones as they mold to the tank better. The their standard one which my mate had, well it kept pealing and leaving gaps for water/dirt to get in.

If you want see a photo, just go to my garage.

They provide a large amount of grip which makes it easier to hang off the bike and to reduce any weight on your wrists (as its easier to grip the tank with your legs and use your core to lock in). Definitely recommend the snakeskin versions.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice ! Just what I needed to know ! Will get the snake skin version. Thanks ! Btw I see that u did not use the center piece which comes with it. Was it because u already had the ducati one on it before u bought the rest?

·
Registered
336 Posts
No, i put them on at the same time. I didn't like the center one from tech spec. So i used the DP one instead as it looks alot better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i got the ducati carbon fiber tank protector it looks nice with the bike and the tech spec snake skin. i only use the lower ones and they grip very well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My snake skin didn't stick very well I even warmed it up before fitting thinking it would mould to the shape of the tank better

Likewise, the top parts on both sides are starting to peel. Idk if I got a bad set but I see some of the sticky adhesive splitting up from the techspec. Thinking about buying a new one or trying out stompgrip but not sure if it will turn yellow after X amount of months. Also if anyone can answer this. While washing your bike does it damage the pads if soap or water touches them or are they waterproof and soapproof? I use car wash to clean my bike and don't know if it damages the pads xD

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had no issues with water with the techspecs on my BMW, I've taken them off my panigale and replaced them with clear r&g's which look horrendous so I have no idea what to do next already wasted a lot of money

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just put on the DP carbon tank protector today. I think it's the one for the 1199 but I really liked the look of this one...I thought about going with clear because I love the tank all white but worried about it possibly yellowing over time.
I'm happy with how it looks.
I wasn't going to put one on at all but started seeing some small, light scratches after my last road trip.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.