Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant wait to rejoin the Ducati team. Take delivery in August on my 899 AWS. Have been out of the game for 14 years after having ridden for 11 years and endurance racing for 2 seasons in WERA events.

Last bike was a Ducati 916 and after test riding both a 899 and 1199 S, its hard to believe how far bikes have come in 14 years. Simplly amazing. Chose the 899 as I think its the perfect balance of lithe and grunt and is clearly the better value. Afterall, its got 30 BHP more than my 916 and I couldnt ride that at 10/10ths even on the track. So dont think I need 200 HP after 14 years away from riding. Perhaps after a couple years back in the saddle I will pickup a used 1199, but I will for sure hope to keep my 899 permanently. Such a great bike.

Look forward to sharing here as a lot of posts here really helped me make my decision.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Cant wait to rejoin the Ducati team. Take delivery in August on my 899 AWS. Have been out of the game for 14 years after having ridden for 11 years and endurance racing for 2 seasons in WERA events.

Last bike was a Ducati 916 and after test riding both a 899 and 1199 S, its hard to believe how far bikes have come in 14 years. Simplly amazing. Chose the 899 as I think its the perfect balance of lithe and grunt and is clearly the better value. Afterall, its got 30 BHP more than my 916 and I couldnt ride that at 10/10ths even on the track. So dont think I need 200 HP after 14 years away from riding. Perhaps after a couple years back in the saddle I will pickup a used 1199, but I will for sure hope to keep my 899 permanently. Such a great bike.

Look forward to sharing here as a lot of posts here really helped me make my decision.
We are pleased to welcome you.

I was in the same situation as you were, but was debating whether to go with the 899 or 1199R. I found a dealer in Dallas that had completed a project 1199R replica minus the aluminum tank, LED, color, etc. It looks great, the ride is awesome, and I am very pleased with the choice I made.

Wow, August delivery? Did you pick it up at TMSW? That is where I bought my 796.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.