Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I am looking to buy a tail tidy for my 899.
Not sure which one to go for R&G is cheaper than Evotech, but both looks the same.
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Farhan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the Competition Werks "standard" Fender Eliminator. I also got their tail light with integrated signals, which removes the LEDs from the vents per the kit. It looks amazing. The fender eliminator also has a white LED for the plate.

2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale

Attachments

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I've just got the R&G, not fitted it yet so will let you know how easy Saturday when intending to fit it....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would go with the Evotech, very high quality and really nicely finished products, I used their taik tidy and other items on my Street Triple

·
Registered
336 Posts
I got an Evotech on mine. I recommend anyone to get it. It looks OEM, easy to install (45mins max with the right tools) and the stock indicators fit perfectly on them (they don't wriggle around as you ride).

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Got round to fitting the R&G tail tidy yesterday, my advice would be to spend a little more and go with the Evotech. Don't get me wrong, the R&G is a vast improvement on the stock kit and looks good, but the Evotech (from the photo's I've seen) looks much better on the bike, and is apparently easier to fit. I went for the R&G as I've used their kit on most of my previous bikes and it's good stuff, plus I've got other R&G parts on my 899 so wander consistency.

It took me around 2 hours to fit, but that included tool finding time in the garage which is currently full of boxes and other shite destined for the dump! Eventually found my crimping tool for the plate line wires.....

Utilised the reflector plate from the stock unit, fixed to the rear of my new plate so as still got a rear (tri colour) reflector, IMO looks good. Will get some photos up if it ever stops raining!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what tools would I need to fit the evotech one. suspect the right size star shape screw driver.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just a set of torque & hex (allen) keys. Pref ones with a long handle to get at the ones inside the tail without having to remove half the rear fairing.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts