Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Thanks for this krissrock. I used this today in the garage to start to get somewhere with my suspension.

I do have a question for you, though. On the front rebound damping, it suggests, "three clicks out". First of all, the rebound damping screw doesn't "click"...it just turns. Also, what does "...out" mean? Fully clockwise? Fully counterclockwise? Then, the front rebound damping suggestion is "2 turns"...2 turns from what? What did you do with your suspension? Mine is a '15, not a '14, so there might have been a slight change or something, I'm not sure.

Sorry...a bit of a newbie with suspension.
it's been a minute, but I think the settings are from Full stiff. So would you turn it all the way to Hard, which I think is clockwise (I don't have the bike in front of me now) and then you count the clicks out from there... I'm pretty sure I was counting out (counter clockwise) after turning it all the way to end (clockwise)

·
Registered
153 Posts
what Krissrock said is right. Fully closed is clockwise until you cannot turn anymore. then you back out how ever many turns or clicks. it doesn't really click per se bUT you do feel something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So infuriating!?!?!?

Everyone says how many 'Turns' you have to 'Turn' The adjusters.

WHAT THE **** IS A TURN!?!?!?!

some of the adjusters don't 'click' or anything. They just turn freely until they reach the end. So HOW ON EARTH do you 'Count' a turn. Like what is a TURN. "3 turns from fully closed' WTF

Is a turn 360 or 180 or 90 degrees. I've spent literally hours searching the internet and everyone bangs on and on about what setting they use but what on earth is a 'turn' and how do you measure ?!?!?!?

What is counted as 'Two turns' Does that mean a half rotation or a quarter or a full. And without any sort of click or marking how on earth can people's 'TURNS' be consistent with each other.

PHEW.... Okay rant over ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
So infuriating!?!?!?

Everyone says how many 'Turns' you have to 'Turn' The adjusters.

WHAT THE **** IS A TURN!?!?!?!

some of the adjusters don't 'click' or anything. They just turn freely until they reach the end. So HOW ON EARTH do you 'Count' a turn. Like what is a TURN. "3 turns from fully closed' WTF

Is a turn 360 or 180 or 90 degrees. I've spent literally hours searching the internet and everyone bangs on and on about what setting they use but what on earth is a 'turn' and how do you measure ?!?!?!?

What is counted as 'Two turns' Does that mean a half rotation or a quarter or a full. And without any sort of click or marking how on earth can people's 'TURNS' be consistent with each other.

PHEW.... Okay rant over ;)
Weeeelllll, 1 turn means 1 full turn, meaning 360-degree. It is generally understood that way. First I was a bit shocked to read your rant, because us old-timers just are so accustomed with this convention, but I can kind of see that it may come off as confusing. Anyway, there you go, 1 turn 360, 1/2 turn 180, quarter turn, so on and so forth. By the way, one thing about suspension, you do not operate at the very end of the adjustment. once you hit "fully closed" or "fully open," you make sure that you back out/in from there a bit. Don't leave it at fully open/closed.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts