Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Interesting comparison. MCN had the Panigale in front of the GSXR. This is the first time I've heard about a narrow power band and my seat of the pants feel says differently.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't understand the comments on no low end and mid range in this review given that the torque and power curves they published show it has the highest torque from 4000 rpm upwards.

Have a look at this link in the article.
Motorcycle Videos - 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale - Light-Heavyweight Supersport Shootout - Motorcycle USA

I am totally confused by their comments.

I'm convinced these guys are completely full of ****. The video simply does not match their analysis. The video shows the bike powering out of a corner then shifting one time down a long straight. That doesn't sound like shifting a two stroke to me.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Its unfortunate that the only make that has a demo/lets you test ride a sport bike is Ducati and a few other premium brands. I've never been to a Japanese bike dealer that would even think about letting anyone test ride a sportbike. Maybe this is an American thing?
My Japanese dealer tried to get me to ride anything I wanted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.