Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my first post here...This is pretty ridiculous and I'm kicking myself over it. I wanted to reset my suspension and adjust it all again as it seems slightly out of whack, so I turned the fork tube screws back to 0, and went to putting it to the recommended settings. Well the right tube's rebound adjustment screw - I did not sit there and torque this screw over when resetting it, but evidently I turned it slightly too much, as it won't budge. Problem is, it's stripping with the supplied screw driver head. I have no idea what to do here, it's not like I can drill this out considering it's my fork tube... The metal is extremely soft (and I've noticed this with like every other bolt this bike has). Anyone have any thoughts here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did find one other post on this forum of someone else having the same issue. They said they just bought a new fork cap, but didn't specify if it's as simple as removing the old one and putting the new one on while still on the bike. Anyone have any experience with that? I know I will need the tool to remove the showa cap, but I'm just questioning if I will need anything to compress the spring in there to get the new cap back on.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had the issue you mentioned. But it was replaced at the dealership. So if you're planning on DIY make sure you do some research or have someone knowledgeable to assist you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actually able to just put a rubberband in between the screwdriver tip and the head of it and it came unstuck without stripping it further. Also found someone selling a new fork tube cap for cheaper that I'll replace my messed up one with eventually. Ducati Omaha was able to give me some instruction on how to DIY and there's a few good videos on the showa forks to watch, so I don't think it'll be too bad for me to do myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts