Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Grease

The grease is a lot thicker than the engine oil and it's going to harden up overnight. So before you start your bike in the morning after it slept in your garage over night run your finger and if it's an oil leak it still be oily like...If it's grease ...which I'm pretty sure that is ...it's going to be a lot thicker...therefore you'll have to put more effort to be able to wipe it of whit your finger . If it's oil leak you'll have it runed down all the way to your garage floor.
If don't believe me take it to the dealership they'll be glad to take your money...clean your chain from the packing grease and send you home .
But it's your bike and at the end of the day you decide .

·
Registered
264 Posts
The advice here is staggeringly horrible.

Why on God's green earth would anyone want to chance this?

Take off the fairings and inspect. Don't guess, know. WTF?!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the exact same thing except only one line streaking down from where yours started then to the middle of the exhaust then down. Although there was only 1 line, it was a pain to take off since it dried up on the hot exhaust. Gunk took it off though finally with a bit of elbow grease. I was worried there for a while though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Grease

The grease is a lot thicker than the engine oil and it's going to harden up overnight. So before you start your bike in the morning after it slept in your garage over night run your finger and if it's an oil leak it still be oily like...If it's grease ...which I'm pretty sure that is ...it's going to be a lot thicker...therefore you'll have to put more effort to be able to wipe it of whit your finger . If it's oil leak you'll have it runed down all the way to your garage floor.
If don't believe me take it to the dealership they'll be glad to take your money...clean your chain from the packing grease and send you home .
But it's your bike and at the end of the day you decide .
I am buying a bike from the dealer 2nd hand and it’s got the same problem and they told me that it’s from chain lube... they said noway what so ever it’s engine oil.
Can u guys let me know if anyone of u is certain about it

21 - 26 of 26 Posts