Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remove old steering races from the Panigale frame? There is no lip on these to pound them out from the underside. How are the races removed?

·
Registered
21 Posts
This will not work. That front stand uses the hole of the lower triple tree to lift the front end. The lower triple tree needs to be free to service the head bearings properly.

·
Registered
691 Posts
This will not work. That front stand uses the hole of the lower triple tree to lift the front end. The lower triple tree needs to be free to service the head bearings properly.
That is good to know, I didn't know the lower had to come off to service the bearings, my mistake. In for more info, as I'm sure at some point mine will need replaced...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Because of my busy schedule I was at first going to let a Ducati shop do my head bearing but decided i can do it after work hours in my garage.

I supported the front with tie down straps. The bottom jack was there just in case but not under load.

Suprisingly the front end is very light. I can lift whole front without a lot of effort

1 - 7 of 7 Posts