Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my 2014 899 out to go for a quick ride today just to make sure things are all in good working order (it’s been 3 months since I put a new battery in it and put it away. When I put it away I rode it to and into the shop then (as usual) put the battery tender on her and left her with the other bikes. Status quo. Nothing unusual. Anyway, after I pulled her out today I checked the charge and it was above 80%. Turned the key... the gauges went through their motion. Everything seemed fine until I pressed the start button. At that point it started making a quick clicking sound in sync with the flashing of what would normally be the alarm warning lights for theft prevention. The difference being that instead of a slow steady flashing as they would do after turning off the key and waking away from the bike... they were flashing very quickly and not quite as bright as you’d expect. The engine never even tried to turn over. I’ve had problems in the past with this bike not wanting to start without a very highly charged battery. But in those cases the system just kind of shuts everything off until I give it the proper attention it deserves. This time has me a bit confused and even worried. I did leave the key in the ignition through the last few months and I’m wondering if anyone has ever heard of that interfering with the immobilizer system. Also, I may have made an error as I started (or rather tried to start) it while leaving the battery tender contacts still connected. I don’t know if that would make a difference, but it’s something I’ve never done in the past so I’m basically just trying to give any and all information I can with the hope that one of you has experienced the same thing and can walk me through it. Right now I’m at a complete loss. Luckily I have a triumph 675 as my daily rider. So I’m not completely depressed lol... but my Pani is my baby... meaning: most of the time it’s a pain in my ass but I love it anyway because it’s beautiful, quirky and it’s all mine. If anyone can tell me what’s going on, I’d appreciate it. I’m going to switch tenders and leave it overnight just to see if that helps. But I have a feeling that I may be overlooking or neglected something on the bike. I don’t know. She’s always been good to me and I’ve always treated her as you would any trophy wi... bike. Again, any help would be massively appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did you get it started?
Certainly sound battery/charge related to me. Could be a bad/loose connection on the battery terminals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts