Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I've seen these seats before but wasn't aware they can add gel.
I ran gel on my gxr,,,and boy was it great.

I'd be leery of the "suede" they use for the seats. It would fade FAST if it's just actually suede... Alcantara would hold up better...but for something that might be exposed to the elements...I would stick with whatever the OEM material is

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
geeze... the installation process is crazy... I'd really just like to see someone make a replacement seat that's completely made of gel

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was looking at this the other day!. Would definitely add a unique touch to your bike, however I can't really justify the price for a "seat cover??".....Though saying that, if I had $$ to spend I would buy it!! lol

·
Registered
830 Posts
I like the white seat a lot! $170 bucks is a little steep though, man that's a good pair of gloves!

Fortunately the stock seat has no seams and they say you can slip the seat cover over the stock seat cover if it has no seams or tears... seems simple enough to staple in place. I wonder how easy it would be though to use a hand crank staple gun and get the staples seated all the way into the plastic though? I don't have any experience, never tried a staple gun on plastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts