Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes TT is amazing
Talk about risking your life
Tragically an Australian sidecar rider Dwight Beare lost his life this year and his passenger Benjamin Binns was injured in the crash.

Respect to them all.

·
Registered
830 Posts
IOM is insane in my opinion... way too dangerous there's absolutely no room for run off like on a track... given the stats of IOM 240 deaths in its 106 year history... every race, 1 or people aren't going to survive! Its like the hunger games of motorcycle racing... I love a good race the same as any of you, but I think the IOM should be shut down... insane, just insane.

·
Registered
310 Posts
IOM is insane in my opinion... way too dangerous there's absolutely no room for run off like on a track... given the stats of IOM 240 deaths in its 106 year history... every race, 1 or people aren't going to survive! Its like the hunger games of motorcycle racing... I love a good race the same as any of you, but I think the IOM should be shut down... insane, just insane.

I agree with the insanity of it. However these guys and gals that race the TT do so under there own steam. No one is making them do it. I would certainly not like to see if stopped, I know I have aspirations of riding at the TT circuit at some stage and would consider it a massive shame if it was no longer the draw card it currently is.

The roads are amazing, I imagine no greater thrill. Each of the competitors know the dangers, it is known that if you come off at certain points you will will more than likely die. Very rarely are the crashes a result of another competitor, most of the time the rider makes a mistake yes that mistake can be the ultimate sacrifice but most times it is within the riders control. I'm certainly not saying that death is an acceptable outcome whilst doing something you love but unfortunately it is a part of life when you undertake dangerous hobbies.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts