Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got the call from the dealer late tuesday arvo to say my new ride had arrived, so popped down this morning to tidy up all the paperwork before taking delivery.
Lets just say Im pretty impressed with my new purchase…….. here is a pic and video of the "New Girl" :)

Apologies for quality as it was taken with an iPhone……..

Rear Pegs still to be removed, tank pad and seat cowl to be installed before delivery

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats! How long did you have to wait for it after ordering? Mine has been on order for about 2 weeks and was told it could take up to 8 weeks. I'm really hoping mine comes sooner as the 2 weeks so far feels like about 2 months lol. I see you are from Sydney..Did you get yours from Frasers?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! How long did you have to wait for it after ordering? Mine has been on order for about 2 weeks and was told it could take up to 8 weeks. I'm really hoping mine comes sooner as the 2 weeks so far feels like about 2 months lol. I see you are from Sydney..Did you get yours from Frasers?
Yeah bought it at Frasers Wollongong, Nick was the sales guy, I think I waited about 3 months.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol exactly the same as me..... I hope you're joking about the 3 months... if so that is going to be painful... I'm already having withdrawals after 2 weeks :)
NO Painful is the fact that I can't legally ride it for another 3 months, when I come of my P's restriction……..
I ordered it back in January to avoid the price increase, Nick sold it to me for $21990 ride away with a rear seat cowl included + Included FREE Delivery to my home.

I can also say that Frasers have pretty good customer service at their Wollongong dealership and I left feeling as if I wasn't just a means to their next pay cheque…..

·
Registered
67 Posts
NO Painful is the fact that I can't legally ride it for another 3 months, when I come of my P's restriction……..
I ordered it back in January to avoid the price increase, Nick sold it to me for $21990 ride away with a rear seat cowl included + Included FREE Delivery to my home.

I can also say that Frasers have pretty good customer service at their Wollongong dealership and I left feeling as if I wasn't just a means to their next pay cheque…..
Oh no, that would be painful!!

Yeah Nick is a great guy. I'm really happy with the service from them too so far.

·
Registered
336 Posts
When you have taken delivery of it and are off your P's. Hit me up for a ride. As my mate also has a 899 and we should get some good photos in between the stops.

·
Read Only
152 Posts
I can't ride mine either, until I get my full license in May. At least it's still in the dealer where I'm gradually getting bits & pieces added, I can imagine it would be worse sitting in the garage at home & not being "legally" able to ride it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can't ride mine either, until I get my full license in May. At least it's still in the dealer where I'm gradually getting bits & pieces added, I can imagine it would be worse sitting in the garage at home & not being "legally" able to ride it.
Best left at the dealership . I remember years ago I jumped from a 125 learner Honda to an Honda nc30 vfr400 that was purchased before I had passed my big bike license . I ended up using it before I had passed as the temptation was too great. Not a good idea!

·
Registered
550 Posts
The fine is enough of a deterrant. Genie, I think your bike will be very clean and polished before you can finally jump on it. Just don't turn it on. That's like pulling down the skirt, after that 'hysterical blindness' kicks in and you'll wake up out of the haze riding that red beast at 130kph down the street. Just don't turn it on. Give your Dad the keys till after the test.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.