Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i keep reading up on you guys saying the pegs are slick or slipper and im curious what you mean. i just picked up a 2014 899 and only putted it around the block and they felt fine. When you mean slick will your feet literally slip off because that can be dangerous.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you ride the bike aggressively, you'll need the pegs to secure your foot on it while you hang off of the bike. The pegs are slippery when you try to put pressure on it when you attempt to cement and anchor your foot.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You will notice with time
The more you ride the more you will see
And also depends how hard you ride
I know for sure for track you have to change them thats first thing I did.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I didn't find them as annoying as many others did but i can assure you the first time they get wet you will be running out to buy something that offers more grip. In the wet your feet slide off very easily and for sure it's really dangerous.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Try wear sneakers and wet them before you step on the foot pegs.. Slips right away.. For a street riding, it get slippery when its wet..

·
Registered
175 Posts
The stock pegs are garbage. The first time out canyon riding my outside foot slipped off the peg on a corner. Picked up the rizoma pegs and have never looked back. Altho if anyone has stock 1299 / 959 pegs for sale I would go that route. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
With my Dainese boots I found my feet slipping off when I hit bumps or when my feet were even the slightest bit damp (i.e. walking through the grass to get to my bike).

So I swapped to LSL pegs for $75. Made a world of difference.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I dont have any particular problems after 9000 miles, but have just ordered the DP replacement pegs as I was after an excuse to spend some money on the bike (rather than upgrade to a 959)... Im sure they will be better, how much better remains to be seen.

Purchases in Jan... Garmin Zumo 590, Tyre pressure sensors, replacement DP pegs, Evotech upper and lower radiator guards.

RBW

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stock pegs are garbage. The first time out canyon riding my outside foot slipped off the peg on a corner. Picked up the rizoma pegs and have never looked back. Altho if anyone has stock 1299 / 959 pegs for sale I would go that route. :)
whats the difference in 1299 and 959 pegs compared to the 899

·
Registered
94 Posts
With my Dainese boots I found my feet slipping off when I hit bumps or when my feet were even the slightest bit damp (i.e. walking through the grass to get to my bike).

I had the same problem with all three of my riding boots. Any dampness at all and my foot slipped off the peg easily. I just put rizoma's on.

·
Registered
479 Posts

+1 on the LSL's. Foot slipped off mid-turn my second ride out, orders the LSL's from Ducati of Omaha, and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
677 Posts
huh looking at pics of a 1299 one i cant really see a differnece
The difference is in the number and type of serrations/cuts on the surface of the peg itself. See pictures below.

The 899 stock peg is like a slippery powdercoated bit of aluminium with smooth bumps that cannot reasonably be called cuts, and there are so few of them that you can actually count them. It may look nice but is functionally horrible.

The 959 stock peg has plenty of sharp cuts that extend all the way to the tip of the peg. Looks good and functional too.

1199/899 stock peg:

1299/959 stock peg:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I went with Rizoma, asked my local dealer what they could do and they cut 10% or 15% off. I'd see what your dealer has and just ask for a discount... doesn't hurt.

I always ride with my toes on the pegs and I'd find on longer commutes by feet would creep on the pegs and I kept having to adjust my feet. New pegs do help or take your stock and sand blast the polish off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts