Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello! I am new here. Currently I have a S2R 800 and I am planning on buying a 899. There is a very good deal on a new 899 2014, but should I wait for the 2015?
Whats more important to you? Save money on current/previous years model yet still get the same brand new bike with 2 year unlimited warranty including all inclusive road side assistance? Or, pay retail for the same bike but newer?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I personally would wait. This way I can see what improvements they made, what new colors are available, and plus you still currently have a bike to ride out this season. Then you can see if the 2015 is worth the extra money or still purchase a 2014 for maybe even a better price.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm gonna wait for a yellow 899s........what?......it could happen....dont look at me like that
I believe they actually did make a few yellow ones in a limited run for some reason or other - my dealer was telling me about them. But honestly, I don't see much of a price drop or changes for this bike for 2015 due to the extremely good sales. I'm sure we'll eventually see an EVO model and some new colors but beyond that I don't see many "need to have" changes happening. Just going off the previous couple 8xx models' history.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
this season (for those us that have them) is still very new...I'd wait (as I am) till next year to see what changes, if any, are going to be made to the next modey. It would two years right?

they made a 2013 and 2014 ? (or am I thinking of the F3 800) so it's possible the 2015 will have a few tweaks...

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I am talking to a dealer on a 1199R replica (without the aluminum tank) but with the white line and Corse stickers and R pillion cover; it already has the Termi exhaust. However, I am not sure that it is going to happen. Only the first round of talks, but he hasn't come down and there are freight, prep, and document fees still tacked on the MSRP.

I have already offered a cash deal, no trade in, and want to add about $2k of extra parts + install fees before delivery. Fender eliminator, rearsets, CF shorty levers, etc. I am prepared to walk away though...

I have a huge wish list for 2015: TFT, suspension, and Akra options. Maybe a Tricolore or S designation with upgraded lightweight parts. Not to mention a solution to the engine oil leak problem after the 1st service.

I need to call them this morning when they open and get down to business.

It certainly would be a compromise to my 899 /1199R dilemma.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I've been thinking this same thing, I think I'm going o stick with my Monster for this year and grab the 899 in the Spring.
Actually, I wound up making a deal...
http://www.899panigale.org/forum/new-members-introduction/9033-adding-red-899-stable.html

Less than MSRP, no freight or prep, parts at cost, and I will wind up with 2 hours labor charges for around 9 hours of parts installation. All for less than $20k out the door.

From what I gathered from talking to the dealer, and he didn't explicitly say it, but I think that pricing will go up, significantly in the US, after this first year of being introduced. I don't think Ducati USA realized how popular this model was going to be. The margin is closer to a Japanese bike vs other European bikes and I expect they will want to adjust that. My opinion, of course.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I liked the comment from the guy who said he was waiting for a 899S in yellow.

I know it was meant to be super sarcastic and funny.

I'm here to say I really am waiting for that! HA HA! Really, I don't think they will make superbikes in yellow anymore because the color just isn't popular enough but I love it.

I WILL however be waiting to buy an 899 until they release one with upgraded components, or whatever it may be.

I have a 2006 749 that I made into a dedicated track bike this past spring, and a Monster 696. I really miss having a sportbike for the canyons.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.