Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn’t find a related thread. Has anyone changed the color of the shock spring from the stock yellow to something else? If so, what was your process and what color did you go with? Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes.Changed that this winter on my bike to powder coated red. Took my red rear wheel and the spring to the powder coaters for him to match up the red colour.Did a great job.$20

makes the bike look way better.If you need info on raising the bike up to relax the suspension-just ask.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I bet that looks great. Do you have before and after pics!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Followed a YouTube video using 2 ratchet straps and some thin plastic to avoid scratching.Was not easy.If I had to do it again I would have a second person as a helper.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've done illusion red on my last 899 (the wheels were also this color) and I'm doing illusion purple on my new 899. I've got a homemade spring compressor that I use, because otherwise it's super sketchy getting the spring off without the official tools (which, btw, my dealership only has for the bigger diameter Ohlins springs!)

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Tada! Put the bike on front/rear stands and then placed a jack with a block of wood directly under the oil pan to support the motor. Unbolted shock, replaced spring, installed reverse of removal. 45Nm on the shock bolts, FYI.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts