Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She bought a new Ducati 899. :)

I'm making the move to Italian after having ridden Suzukis / Yamaha since '04. As for this one, I've only put 150 miles on her so far and everyone told me it would be a completely different ride, and .... it is. But I'm loving it!

Looking forward to getting the break-in period behind me!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Great choice! Welcome! I broken mine in gently the first time, and after finding an oil leak which ended up with ducati replacing my engine with a brand new one, I've been ripping the s#!t out of her hard! Going to trackday on the 14th of March, I'll give my opinion on the 899 after! Enjoy your new toy!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and it will sure be a different animal than the other bikes you have owned.

Best of luck with everything and ride safe.

d

·
Registered
336 Posts
Congratulations! I also see you purchase the 899 in the perfect color to show off its beauty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. From some of the other threads I've read, seems like there is a lot of good knowledge around here, I've already used some to address the infamous hot start issue with my local dealer. :). So, thanks for that! I'll be removing that charcoal canister. Lol

I did get the white one and so far I'm thrilled with the switch. (Even with the starting issue).

I'll def be posting up pics- going to try to knock out some mileage this weekend, I'm sure it won't be a tedious task. Haha!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. From some of the other threads I've read, seems like there is a lot of good knowledge around here, I've already used some to address the infamous hot start issue with my local dealer. :). So, thanks for that! I'll be removing that charcoal canister. Lol

I did get the white one and so far I'm thrilled with the switch. (Even with the starting issue).

I'll def be posting up pics- going to try to knock out some mileage this weekend, I'm sure it won't be a tedious task. Haha!
Congrats on the bike ...it matches your Italian Nickname. ;) . One of mine favorite Italian cakes too . Enjoy your new toy and be safe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great choice! Welcome! I broken mine in gently the first time, and after finding an oil leak which ended up with ducati replacing my engine with a brand new one, I've been ripping the s#!t out of her hard! Going to trackday on the 14th of March, I'll give my opinion on the 899 after! Enjoy your new toy!
Bummer. :confused:

The plus side is though, I was reading if you ride it like you stole it out the gate you can squeeze a few more ponies out the motor. :) Maybe you can confirm.

Looking forward to your track report!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes, you may free rev the motor but don't bring it to red line or stay at a constant speed for a sustained period of time. Run through all the gears at a reasonable upshift/ downshift to get the seals to sit in properly. Ensure first service is done as soon as you reach the service mileage!

Firstly, u will not squeeze extra ponies but maximise the horsepower potential of the engine..secondly, your engine will run smoother=smooth power delivery.

It all comes down to the rider..the choice is yours. The risk is also yours..just my 2cents :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, you may free rev the motor but don't bring it to red line or stay at a constant speed for a sustained period of time. Run through all the gears at a reasonable upshift/ downshift to get the seals to sit in properly. Ensure first service is done as soon as you reach the service mileage!

Firstly, u will not squeeze extra ponies but maximise the horsepower potential of the engine..secondly, your engine will run smoother=smooth power delivery.

It all comes down to the rider..the choice is yours. The risk is also yours..just my 2cents :p
I'm following the manual, but thanks for the schooling! 2 cents is tax free income. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats! I did the same recently and love the bike, I'm sure you are enjoying yours too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts