Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, before you take off make sure you have put your seat back on correctly (listen for that click). This is what happen to a mate of mine on our last ride.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Holy ****! Wonder what he thought when he tried to sit back down. " this seat is so thin it feels like it's not there". All jokes aside glad he is ok.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Been there, seen it, done it... Bought my second seat cover :(

I have drilled a small hole in one of the fixing points on my new one and added a cable tie that now secures it to the pillion strap.... An expensive lesson learned :cool:

Watch this space for how to turn a mangled seat hump into a rack for a tail bag :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was doing about 100 mph down the front straight when I felt something hit me in the back. A few scratches on my new paint job but not a big deal. I'm thankful it didn't hit another rider.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Off topic, but what clutch and brake fluid reservoirs are you running please mate?
They are the Rizoma "Next" Reservoirs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Haha, makes me feel better about my solo cowl flying off the DAY I picked up my bike. My fault of course - the salesman even went over making sure it clicked when he sold me the bike but being a salesman I had him pretty much tuned out at the time. Expensive mistake for a $160 piece of plastic.

On another note, glad that didn't bean you in the face or something - looked close!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On another note, glad that didn't bean you in the face or something - looked close!
Yeah it just missed my head (as you can see in the dash reflection, i dodged it) but it got me in the shoulder. Had some small minor scratches on the seat so he was lucky in that regard.

I had a friend behind me on an 848 that it just missed as well. Shame i didn't have a rear camera as well. Was an eventful start to the ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.