Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody knows if this is just like replacing the stock clutch/brakes levers. anything i need to really pay attention to? thanks!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Regardless of which rear sets you install, the Pani is a bit of a pain to get them on—its not impossible, just gotta be patient and plan on spending a few hours for install.

I have the Sato rear sets myself. Love them. A little more involved than installing levers. Few things in my experience with installation:

- Read through the instructions through and through beforehand and look at all the pieces included so you know what the instructions refer to in each step.

- Do a dry install—after taking off the OEM rearsets, do a loose install. This will allow you to set up the rearsets in the best position for your feet/legs and to determine what length the shift and brake rods need to be to accommodate that position.

- The Sato's come with a hydraulic brake light "switch" that replaces the OEM brake light switch since there isn't a way to install the OEM piece onto the rear sets (this appears to be common across many of the aftermarket rear sets). This is a minor PITA to install and I ended up having a shop bleed the rear brakes as I seemed to have gotten air in the line leading tot he ABS system (which apparently is a pain to bleed). You can opt to not install the provided switch and not have the brake light turn on when using the rear brake pedal—but this is illegal in most states.

- While doing the final install—locktite all bolts!!! Use the blue.

- Note the torque values and stick to them. If you don't have a torque wrench, get one—they're fairly inexpensive.

- Adjusting the shift rod is a PITA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.