Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know these bikes run hot, but part of me wonders if something is wrong with mine. Mine is never under 200 unless I am doing 60+ MPH. Even the other day I saw 197 at 80 mph with ambient temps of 70 degrees...

·
Registered
81 Posts
So I know these bikes run hot, but part of me wonders if something is wrong with mine. Mine is never under 200 unless I am doing 60+ MPH. Even the other day I saw 197 at 80 mph with ambient temps of 70 degrees...
Mine runs hot as well. At 70degrees i usually show a bit lower than 190 at speed, anything under 60mph I typically show 195+! Your number do seem a bit high I haven't yet noticed if my bike temp is hotter when on low fuel, however the seat gets easily twice as hot when fuel is low. Have you noticed any relationship to fuel level?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine too. Around town I'm min 210. I asked the service guys about and they said 190-210 is normal and the fan would kick on at 250+

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine doesn't seem to run that hot. On days in the 70s, cruising speed mine stays cool, maybe around 170*. Creeps up when I'm stopped. On days around 90 it runs hotter, but fan seems to kick in around 220 I believe? I don't see it get much hotter than that. Temps don't seem too much different than how my R6 was. Seat gets hot though.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Same here. The 899 runs much hotter than my 848 did that's for **** sure. This thing runs as hot as my biddies jap bikes!

I'm not worried tho, cars have their fans kick in at 240 and are fine all day long. Plus hotter temps means more complete combustion of the fuel.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only worry about roasting my nuts. I literally keep ice in my underwear. No joke.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I only worry about roasting my nuts. I literally keep ice in my underwear. No joke.
LMFAO haha! I read that. Me, I have 2 kids, bring on the infertility baby :D

I've only ridden it as hot as 102F outside temp so far. It will suck when it's like 118F lol. I just won't ride except at night!

·
Registered
793 Posts
At the track last weekend mine never got over 200 degrees. Speed varied between 40 and 105 mph. Ambient temperature was about 75. It doesn't take much to get my Diaval in the 230-240 range riding around town especially when it gets hot out. I'm pretty sure you'll get a HI TEMP alarm if the bike really overheats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, is your bikes indicate hi temp at 15 to 20 mins idle? not moving. mine got HI at idle and fan are ok and when running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts