Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PLEASE HELP!

I lost 1 of my 2 keys to my new 899 Panigale here in Hawaii and the dealership and I am having trouble getting a replacement key made. The shop that can cut keys, called A Abel Lock & Key in CA says they need 2 items - my Mechanic Code (which I have) and the Electronic Code (which I do not).

I do have a red card that Ducati sent me when I registered the bike. It has my name on the front and 8 numbers below it (my Ducati Code I assume) and on the back it has the number for Roadside Assistance, and then in the top right below the magnetic strip of the card there is a 4 digit number. Is that my electronic code??? (I have heard it is 4 numbers).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. No one here in Hawaii seems to know an easy way to get a replacement key...:cool:

Thanks,
RJ

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have done the same. My dealer said he could get me a replacement. Have not asked him to do this as yet.
With the 848 etc.....you needed the card with the electronic number as this needed to be inputted into the dash for certain error codes etc.....especially IMMO ERROR. (immobiliser)

Give to key cutter both numbers!

·
Registered
113 Posts
hey i know when i had to replace my key, i had to order a blank key from my dealership and then get them laser cut and then bring the key back to the dealership so they can program it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I went to dealer today and they will order a new key for me, cut it and program the transponder. I suppose they have all my details and there was no mention of electronic codes etc. Cost is HK$500 which is about US$65 or £38.
There are blank keys for sale on Ebay and are charging £18 with £11 postage (US$36)....with the cost of the dealer to cut and program, you might as well buy direct from dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.