Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guys, I am leaning towards the rizomas at this point. A question, mostly for Oni, did you manage getting away with the existing rear brake switch?

And, from the photos it looks like you guys remove the return spring from the rear break cylinder. Is there any particular reason for doing this?
I never saw an answer to the return spring question, and I just got done installing the Rizoma rear sets on my bike.

You don't need the stock return spring because the Rizoma's have a return spring built into the lever.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the Rizomas as well...zero issues hooking them up. They install like an OEM component and perform great. The adjustable settings that change the peg's height, forward/rear position, and extension from the frame are nice. I found this particularly helpful being a relatively tall person (6'2") on a Panigale.

·
Registered
150 Posts
To those who have installed the rearsets, is there one that could move the peg forward (and up a bit). It seems like the most of them adjust backward from the factory position. So far the only one that specifically states the forward movement from the factory position is Sato rearsets, which seems to cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I second that question. I'm 5 ft 10 and my knees just don't quite get high enough on the tank to grip it without feeling like a little girl who's holding in a piss lol. Up and forward would be nice

·
Registered
68 Posts
Zombie thread revival

I know a lot of guys who use the china stuff for their track bikes and they do the job.....more of the point, if you stack it, it's not alot of $$$$ to replace.

Make sure you read the feedback (as I am sure you know already).....the main issue with china made products is fitting and aftersales might not be to the high standards we expect.....maybe thats me being cynical as I live in HK and work with chinese factories....but when they do something well, can't beat it.

Had a look at feedback and all good for them....even for a set for a 749.
Hi, did you land up getting these Ebay rearsets? Would love a review of the same. I'm planning on getting myself a set of eBay specials as well, they are too cheap to resist and from what reviews I've seen for other bikes, quality isn't too bad either.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I second that question. I'm 5 ft 10 and my knees just don't quite get high enough on the tank to grip it without feeling like a little girl who's holding in a piss lol. Up and forward would be nice
I am 5'10" too, and I am still new to this bike.

Is the bike not designed for people our height? Are we too short ?

101 - 107 of 107 Posts