Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What rear stands do you guys use? I have a singled-sided Pitbull that's leftover from my 848, but also have a standard rear stand from cycle gear. I tried the cycle gear stand with my 899 but the stand height isn't tall enough to lift the rear tire off the ground.

If I grab a Pitbull double-sided stand, will it be tall enough to lift the tire off the ground?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I use this Pit Bull and it works fine with the 899:

Pit Bull Rear Stand - Spool / Pad Type | F0028-000

They'll pretty much last forever, I've had the same set of stands for over 10 years of various track use, a front stand and both a single-side and double-side rear stand and other than having to replace the rubber "feet" on the front stand once I've never had any issue with the stands. Well, other than tripping over them, but that's not the stand's fault! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Anyone use their front headlift stand? There's a new pin, 28s, that fits the 899 and it looks like a nice option for the front.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Anyone use their front headlift stand? There's a new pin, 28s, that fits the 899 and it looks like a nice option for the front.
Depends on what you're going to use the stand for. If you need to take the forks off the bike, then a headlift stand is nice to have, but for all other routine maintenance, removing the wheel, installing tire warmers at the track, etc. I would highly recommend just using the Forklift front stand that goes under the front fork lowers. I've seen lots of damage done to front fenders and upper fairings over the years from the improper use of headlift stands, so you have to be careful with them. Pit bull sells it as a convertible stand that can be used as a forklift, and then you bolt on the headlift part when you need to use that. But again, unless you're removing the front forks from the bike, which very few people ever need to do, there's really no point to using that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts