Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm making my own rear blinker mod. I'm using 12v LED blinkers.

My wiring is 100% correct. I snipped the connectors off my stock ugly tail, and soldered them to my new blinkers. That way they plug and play directly to my bike side plug. The front rear view mirror blinkers work fine.

- Verified my blinkers work before installing by powering them on with a volt source.
- Checked my voltage coming from the bike side, with left and right turn signals active and I'm getting zero volts.
- Wired up my license plate light which lights up fine and has 12.28 volts.

I read something about some resistors but heard that was only to fix the rate at which they blink.

I have only wired up my left blinker. Do they both need to be wired up to be in some kind of series?

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the resistor is for rate of flash ..... you need to connect both to get them working. I just fitted euro led indicators and with one connected didn't work.
I wired them both up. Neither of them blink in the back. Up front both are fine. License plate light works fine still.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wired them both up. Neither of them blink in the back. Up front both are fine. License plate light works fine still.
from experience they should work but flash quicker .... maybe the resistors are needed in this instance .... strange. Have you tried connecting one original and one new led ?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I had new indicators replaced on my 848 when the OEM perished and the blinking was very weird.....like fast, double flashing and not regular. This were just aftermarket indicators.
Thats why I'm going to stay away from integrated lights etc. Seems more trouble than it's worth!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem, Oem bulb units are fine. Fitted rizoma tidy and abm led indicators. When I hit the switch they flash one then stop but the front works fine. Going to try resistors as I'm thinking its an ecu voltage feedback thing?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE: I purchased 12 voltage stand alone LEDs but was sent some LEDs that are replacements for a package. It needed other components to work properly. Got the right ones now and wired them up. All good now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE: I purchased 12 voltage stand alone LEDs but was sent some LEDs that are replacements for a package. It needed other components to work properly. Got the right ones now and wired them up. All good now!
Can you direct me in the right direction on what type of led you end up using?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What components did you need ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts