Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does any one installed Rapid bike Evo ?? do you have any screenshots or manual how to install? please Help me out much appreciated.

I bought new Rapid bike Evo with MWR airfilter and i have cored exhaust.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I installed mine and someone emailed me the instructions before I received mine. PM me your email address and I'll send them your way!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I fitted one. It made a lot of difference with the standard mufflers and ECU, but not so much difference with the Termis and re-map, but it has only been on for a few hundred miles in that setup.

I installed my loom and mounted the module differently to the instructions, rather than running between the cylinders, I threaded behind the panel on the left that holds the regulator, over the frame behind the airbox seal, and then down behind the panel that holds the factory ECU.

I also mounted the module on the inner front left fairing, as I wasn't happy about hanging it with cable-ties beside a hot exhaust system.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do we just need to install rapid bike or do we need to connect to laptop for tuning after the installation ??

·
Registered
677 Posts
Do we just need to install rapid bike or do we need to connect to laptop for tuning after the installation ??
Just install and ride away. The RB will self-tune over the next 200km/120miles or so. The throttle will feel fluffy at the start, but your patience will be rewarded as you put in the miles and let the RB do its thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
From memory, the map for the 899 has only been updated once by Rapidbike since I purchased mine last year. So that was the only time it was necessary to connect the laptop.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do you know when this map was updated?
I just checked the file, and it looks like it hasn't been updated since 4/4/14, which is well before I bought the module, so it must have been the firmware that was updated instead. I definitely remember being told by the Rapidbike program to connect to the bike for a necessary update, though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is my Vid after installing Cored Exhaust with Rapid Bike Evo and MWR air filter.

https://youtu.be/lJL-CS5miKM

I did some 30 miles after installing new exhaust with Rapid bike the performance results are awesome there is no gitches in lower RPMs at all, it is super rich and smooth i can see the performance gains too. Thanks to Phil and Rapid Bike Evo team i love my bike can't wait to ride more 100 miles and ready for track days at COTA in summer :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed the rapid bike evo on my 899 track bike, I don't have any place that can let me ride 100 miles to tune the thing before hitting the track and I don't want to deal with out when I go. Is there anyway to get it done before going to track? Would running it on a stand screw with the setup?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts