I have the r & g radiator guards on my bike
And it was a slide in and bolt them up application
Took me no longer than 10minutes to install top and bottom
Didn't have to take anything of the bike to fit

The picture and part number on there website is correct
So if you have what is pictured and the same part number
Than you have the right guards
Thanks for the response!

So I guess all the packages are stamped with STAINLESS STEEL and you just have to pay attention to the sticker...?

Jarel said that they weren't terribly complicated to install. I am pleased to hear that you didn't have much trouble either.

Thanks for the response!

So I guess all the packages are stamped with STAINLESS STEEL and you just have to pay attention to the sticker...?

Jarel said that they weren't terribly complicated to install. I am pleased to hear that you didn't have much trouble either.
My set came in a box wrapped up separately .

There black in colour
Comes with full instructions

Stick the foam pieces to the back of the guard ( stop vibration ) take of 2 screws and slide guard in place and bolt it back up
Same for top and bottom

Hope that helps you :)

Mystery Solved: R&G said they ran out of the normal packaging for the Panigale radiator guard kits, so they used packaging for another kit to get the last batch shipped out to us rather than waiting for the normal packaging to come back in. This substitute packaging says "Stainless" on it, but the guards are still the normal aluminum guards, which are the only ones they make for the Panigale.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Mystery Solved: R&G said they ran out of the normal packaging for the Panigale radiator guard kits, so they used packaging for another kit to get the last batch shipped out to us rather than waiting for the normal packaging to come back in. This substitute packaging says "Stainless" on it, but the guards are still the normal aluminum guards, which are the only ones they make for the Panigale.
I have already thanked Jarel, however it never hurts to do it again!

I appreciate the speedy response... based on the feedback from the forum and doing a little further research, I am pleased with the decision to go with these and look forward to getting them on my bike!

Thanks again.

This is another classic "god bless this forum" moment. I ordered a set of these last week and was starting to get nervous reading the first couple of pages

Discussion starter · #28 ·
This is another classic "god bless this forum" moment. I ordered a set of these last week and was starting to get nervous reading the first couple of pages
I haven't fitted them yet, but be careful if you choose to try installing them yourself. Search the forum about the Evotech posts specifically because a few members posted accounts of oil leaks from not keeping the anchor bolts from becoming loose when they removed the screws.

do you have to mess with those same screw that were causing the oil leaks with the R&G ones?

Discussion starter · #30 ·
do you have to mess with those same screw that were causing the oil leaks with the R&G ones?
I think all the radiator guards require the removal of the same retaining screws. What makes the R&G kit so attractive is that it comes with both the lower and upper guards in one tidy package. Except with the Cox guards, it seems that the only safe way to install them all is by removing the fairings and securing the anchor bolt to keep it from turning as you remove and replace each screw.

Do any of the rest of you guys who have installed the R&G radiator guards have pictures of them on your bike? Sinjin's guards don't seem to be fitting correctly, so I'm curious to see if anyone else has issues with them or if this is isolated to his bike? I know quite a few of you on the forum have bought and installed those guards, and this is the first issue we've heard of with them, so I'd like to see visual confirmation of how they mounted up on your bikes! The design on the guards was changed earlier this year to mount on the outside of the plastic radiator shroud to make the installation easier. The ones I had on my 1199 in the past were the under-shroud style so I don't have any to look at here mounted up that are the new style.

Do any of the rest of you guys who have installed the R&G radiator guards have pictures of them on your bike? Sinjin's guards don't seem to be fitting correctly, so I'm curious to see if anyone else has issues with them or if this is isolated to his bike? I know quite a few of you on the forum have bought and installed those guards, and this is the first issue we've heard of with them, so I'd like to see visual confirmation of how they mounted up on your bikes! The design on the guards was changed earlier this year to mount on the outside of the plastic radiator shroud to make the installation easier. The ones I had on my 1199 in the past were the under-shroud style so I don't have any to look at here mounted up that are the new style.
Well with the current R&G discount it looks like I have no choice but to buy them. If no one has pics by then I'll post up.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Well with the current R&G discount it looks like I have no choice but to buy them. If no one has pics by then I'll post up.
Here are the guards installed on my bike... no, I didn't put them on myself, they were put on at the dealer:
(note the location of the tabs; the left and right sides do not appear symmetrical to me)

Attachments

To avoid the oil leak issue with my evotech guards I have used a cable tie in each top corner of the mesh going back inside the fairing behind the plastic cooler trim. It pulls the guard back tight against the screw heads and doesn't really show. It sounds a bodega but I was bothered by the reports of oil leaks.

When you remove the fairing lowers you can see that what is causing the leaks is probably that the ducati thread lock is so tough it's actually loosening the lug that goes into the rocker cover as you undo the screw for the guard.

I'm in OZ and got my R&G guards yesterday from a supplier in the Eastern states and the bag they came in says stainless steel aswell.

Will crack it open tomorrow and see about fitting it up.

Will grab some pics too.

Here are the guards installed on my bike... no, I didn't put them on myself, they were put on at the dealer:
(note the location of the tabs; the left and right sides do not appear symmetrical to me)
My R&G radiator guards looks like this too. It won't really cover up the whole radiator there's a small space on each side. Other than that I think it's fine. Be careful installing both the upper and lower. I installed mine and end up causing a leak which the dealer had to fixed.

Gonna have a crack at this today and was just wondering if anyone has checked if the Cam cover bolts are an allen key type? And if so what size?

This just makes sense to me, I can see Ducati screwing a bolt into a bolt and not having some sort of slot so you can tighten the rocker cover before you fit the trim panel. Or have I got this wrong?

Some points would be handy? Otherwise will post if I figure it out.. lol

I've had them on my bike for a few months now, and had no issues. I checked the fitment and it's about the same as Sinjin's, with about a 1/4" larger gap on the left side. The install only took a few minutes.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
I've had them on my bike for a few months now, and had no issues. I checked the fitment and it's about the same as Sinjin's, with about a 1/4" larger gap on the left side. The install only took a few minutes.
R&G finally made good on my fitment issue, so I can't complain about their customer service... even though they questioned the positioning of the guard install at first. I don't think that it is a coincidence that they are installed in the same position here.

As a follow up to my inquiry, they were going to take some updated pictures of the installation on the 899 and post them to their website. I was looking at their new tank grips yesterday and decided to check the photos of the guards and noticed that they have yet to be changed.

Well I started to fit these up then a mate gave me a DP lower guard so I gave up. lol..

Have the R&G for sale if anyone in OZ is interested. Just didn't want to split the kit.

Why don't R&G make the guard to fit better rather than just change the pics?

I have ordered their carbon exhaust guard so am keen to see how that looks/fits....

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.