Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a thought. I was just watching some talk given on these quad-copters at TED.
The Astounding Athletic Power Of Quadcopters - Wow!

I know there are some very clever people on here and thought I would put this out there......

Some of these 'drones' can be GPS positioned.

What if an app was developed that you could 'pair' the drone with an iPhone via bluetooth and follow the GPS location? You could then programme the drone to fly at a specific height and following the paired iPhone. A drone could follow around a motorcycle around a track.

Great ariel footage!

is this possible or 'pie in the sky'?...excuse the pun.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As you can tell....I'm really bust at work today. I'm so bored I just bought a 2005 GSXR1000 track bike at Zhuhai and i have not even seen it! (Only US$3,800)
As a novice, it doesn't matter if I stack it!

That Parrot thing looks good....another toy for the cabinet!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
As you can tell....I'm really bust at work today. I'm so bored I just bought a 2005 GSXR1000 track bike at Zhuhai and i have not even seen it! (Only US$3,800)

Congrats on the 2005 GSXR1000... absolute beast!! I used to own one, check this out as well List of fastest production motorcycles by acceleration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P.S. the 2005 & 2006 are identical

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
The new Parrot Bebop drone can only fly for ~10 minutes and though pricing hasn't been released yet, will likely cost more than the current model, so upwards of $300+.

The top speed of the AR 2.0 with GPS is 11.11 m/s or around 20 MPH.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Reactions: monty1001972

·
Registered
210 Posts
DJI Phantom 2 is an awesome quadcopter for filming, especially with the 3-axis gimbal for the Hero. Not sure about the GPS questions though, I haven't researched that.

Why's that gixxer have a Ducati sticker on the front? haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.