Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my 2014 899 cranks but doesn’t fire. I scanned with Melcodiag and got 3 error codes.
1) would any of these codes cause a non start?

2) what steps should I take to resolve these issues

see attached image

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, looks like you need to lift your fuel tank! Start by looking at all the connections under the fuel tank. That is where you will find the throttle bodies

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already lifted the tank. What should I be looking for. All the connections seem good. Nothing stands out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Btw. The only codes I get now are:

P0121 (ECU)
horizontal cylinder throttle position error

P1007 (BBS)
Exhaust valve (Calibration-closed)

·
Registered
29 Posts
P1007 is related to the flapper valve on the exhaust and it will not prevent the engine from firing up. Many people disconnect the cable or even unplug the servo, and while the ECU logs an error code, it doesn't get displayed on the dash and the bike works just fine.
I'm not familiar with P0120/P0220/P0121. From what I read, it could be the TPS itself, the harness or even the ECU. Start by unplugging/cleaning all TPS connectors and see what happens. You can also try a TPS Reset from MelcoDiag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I second the person above me. Also, unplug the ECU connector which is a large connector on the ECU itself. Use a little bit of compressed air at low PSI, and clean the connectors both female and male side. Also, a little bit of dielectric grease will help (just a little bit). I would try to source a Throttle positioning sensor online to see if that fixes the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts