Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Ive never owned a OCP bike before, and I always mid my bikes. The 899 seems almost perfect as us apart from the sloppy pegs and the pillion pegs. If you mod a PCP bike iguessyou just restore to normal before trading in?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hello. Ive never owned a OCP bike before, and I always mid my bikes. The 899 seems almost perfect as us apart from the sloppy pegs and the pillion pegs. If you mod a PCP bike iguessyou just restore to normal before trading in?
Not familiar with your abbreviations... what I'm thinking about reading your post:

·
Registered
723 Posts
ICP 4eva yo! LMFAO!

As to the question lol, by mid I presume you mean mod, yeah, always put a bike back stock before trading it. Of course always try to sell private party to get more money, but even then, remove all mods and sell them separately to recover the most money.

So what does OCP and PCP mean?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
So I guess what you are asking is if you finance (personal contract purchase) a poseur bike and perform a lot of mods, should you replace the stock parts before you trade it in?

i am just trying to be an interpreter as i have never traded a bike that i hadn't paid off and I paid cash for my current bike... will do the same on my 899.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
That's my best guess anyway. That would be awesome here in the States. Although, considering the higher wear on a motorcycle compared to a car I don't know if most dealerships would go for it.

Ahhh, so like a lease with an option to buy at the end of the term like on a car. I didn't know you could do that on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry all, I did this half asleep on my phone with one eye shut. Re-read my post and the follow up made me laugh.

So yes, OCP = PCP. Mid = Mod, Sloppy = Slippy.

I'm happy to leave it as stock, I'll remove the pillion pegs and maybe switch out the main pegs but I'll put back to stock at the end. I've never done a PCP, all my mates have for a while and I always wondered how they could afford all these bikes. New bike every 3 years :)

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
BMW offers the PCP with a low monthly payment to hook you and then they hit you up with a HUGE balloon payment at the end if you wish to keep the bike. Otherwise, you just spent three years building no equity and having nothing to sell or trade in despite paying 200% of what you would have paid in a traditional finance.

Honestly, I thought you meant the Panigale was an 'obsessive compulsive poseur' bike on which you throw a bunch of CF and flashy upgrades... Whoops.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sorry all, I did this half asleep on my phone with one eye shut. Re-read my post and the follow up made me laugh.

So yes, OCP = PCP. Mid = Mod, Sloppy = Slippy.

I'm happy to leave it as stock, I'll remove the pillion pegs and maybe switch out the main pegs but I'll put back to stock at the end. I've never done a PCP, all my mates have for a while and I always wondered how they could afford all these bikes. New bike every 3 years :)
I've never heard of it before, I don't think we have it in the states. Still most people I know swap bikes quicker than every 3 years. Anyway, F***ing PCP, How Do They Work?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Check out the BMW 3asyride program... It is the closest thing I am aware of in the US.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.