Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought a Bike tek side stand for the 899 and works exactly the same way as the 1199 and is the same as the Bursig side stand. The only issue when buying the stand you have to get the fairing near the rear sets curved or cut off to allow access for the side stand mount to fit into the hole. Its awesome for maintenance or moving the bike around your garage. It allows you to lift both wheels off the floor, allowing you to do what you wish to the front and rear end of the bike. I am searching for a place in the UK near me that is able to curve or cut the fairing where the hole is as i do NOT want to do myself. I don't fancy breaking my fairing i'd rather it was professionally done. Anyone got any idea's where i can go. I'm down south west of the UK.

Here's a link of the Stand

Ducati 1199 Panigale Bursig Stand by Bursig.com Germany - YouTube

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Looks like the Bursig stand is the popular one for all the 1199 owners. Its adjustable so it should bolt up to the 899 just fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
thats a nice looking stand. how stable is it though? if someone decided to jump on would it tip over?
They're extremely stable for removing wheels, forks, swing arm, etc., but no one should be putting extra weight on a bike that's on stands.

Great product though, makes tire warmer procedure, and repositioning in the garage a breeze.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bursig lift

I also got the Bursig lift. works well and uses existing holes in the engine casing to support the bike. Very stable and you can actually sit on the bike while it is on the lift. does require a cut out on the body panel however it does not detract from the great looks of the bike. in fact, it looks like it was done at the factory. photos attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to find a place to cut the fairing so I can put it on the stand any one got any ideas where I could go?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also got the Bursig lift. works well and uses existing holes in the engine casing to support the bike. Very stable and you can actually sit on the bike while it is on the lift. does require a cut out on the body panel however it does not detract from the great looks of the bike. in fact, it looks like it was done at the factory. photos attached.
You guys are brave - I could not bring myself to cut my 899! Ducati Paddock stands for me....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
793 Posts
You could do it with a dremel tool and a sanding barrell. They have a video and it looks pretty simple. The price seems a little high but looks like a very useful stand.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anybody else having trouble with a rear paddock stand. I've bought 2 now and each time it wasn't wide enough . I have fitted r&g cotton/bobbins and they are fairly big .

·
Registered
793 Posts
Anybody else having trouble with a rear paddock stand. I've bought 2 now and each time it wasn't wide enough . I have fitted r&g cotton/bobbins and they are fairly big .
I bend mine. Lay it on it's side and pull on one side to expand. Push down to make it more narrow.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I've got the R&G bobbins on mine, had my paddock stand a while, it's a Micron and it fits fine, had to adjust it out to almost the max though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
These stands are a must have. It makes every kind of work on your bike so much easier and it will pay for itself in no time. Saves me $60 every time I can take the wheels off myself to change the tires.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've used Abba superbike stands for a few years now, looks like they use the same mounting points as the Bursig but I just take the lower fairings off when I need to use them. They are solid and if you change bikes you can just by new adapters to fit the new bike.

Superbike Stand - Abba Stands, UK

1 - 20 of 34 Posts