Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought about creating a public Google shared map where all of us can pin our location so we can get a sense of where all the 899 owners on the forum are?

I think this would be useful when traveling to see what members are in places I'm going to be then PM and see if they wanted to join in a ride while I'm there?

What do you guys think?

Alex

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
or where thieves can come and nick your bike!

Sorry mate!
Errr, don't pin your freakin house lol. Just your town/city dude :cool: Besides, your forum profile you filled out and put Hong Kong so what's the difference?

Look at how many idiots take pictures at their house and post it on Facebook or the like when it contains the GPS metadata of the exact location, and they post when they are on vacation or something. Those people are the morons just asking to get robbed.

I have dogs, and guns, and someone home all the time, and I never use social media that can track me :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Personally think this is a great idea @92GTA. I live in Southern Oregon and only know one other Ducati rider. would love the ability to meet up with others, knowing where they are located would help build the community. Thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK.....I get the point. *really feeling retarded now.
:-(
Haha, a couple drinks will fix that, then you won't care what some schmucks on the internet think lol :D

If anyone reading this wants to grab this by the horns and set it up, go for it, I'm way to busy at work right now...

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Monty,

Considering the recent post about the stolen bike in London, as an initial reaction, your head was in the right place... I wouldn't beat yourself up about it.

I know that there are a handful of Dallas riders in the area, ok a bucket full, but meeting other forum members either local or who might be taking a road trip is pretty cool. As soon as I take delivery on a Panigale, I will be thrilled to join in. Otherwise, you would be slumming with a Monster... though a respectful one.

Reactions: monty1001972

·
Registered
436 Posts
Monty,

Considering the recent post about the stolen bike in London, as an initial reaction, your head was in the right place... I wouldn't beat yourself up about it.

I know that there are a handful of Dallas riders in the area, ok a bucket full, but meeting other forum members either local or who might be taking a road trip is pretty cool. As soon as I take delivery on a Panigale, I will be thrilled to join in. Otherwise, you would be slumming with a Monster... though a respectful one.
Cheers bud!
Yes, the theft of that bike is a shocker as to how easily and quick it was done. Shows that even CCTV was not a deterrent.

I misunderstood the fundamentals of the idea and that I just imagined people pinpointing their address!

I have a good gang of guys who ride out here on all manner of bikes from a 1934 Sunbeam to the latest....the only problem is that they ride out at 7am on a sunday morning!.......and i usually have a hangover!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the only problem is that they ride out at 7am on a sunday morning!.......and i usually have a hangover!
LMFAO, I have the same issue! All the riders here seem to want to go early on a Saturday after I've been partying all night. Plus the guys here seem to all be stuck on this one road which isn't that great which I don't like to ride, but that's another topic lol.

I like afternoon, evening, or night rides personally.

·
Registered
436 Posts
LMFAO, I have the same issue! All the riders here seem to want to go early on a Saturday after I've been partying all night. Plus the guys here seem to all be stuck on this one road which isn't that great which I don't like to ride, but that's another topic lol.

I like afternoon, evening, or night rides personally.
Ditto, but here but we are limited by the actual amount of roads that are good for riding.....and they either have the farrari/lambo boys or cycle races!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
We could set up a regional section and a "rides" thread as they do in Ducati.ms.

Reactions: Warhammer

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Alright guys, I made a map and here is the link:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zGniyIWzIfCQ.kG2P7-7pM-Yg

I set the Google permissions so that anyone with the link can view and edit (if signed into Google that is). It is not open to the public, only people we share the link with.

Just click on "add marker" then click the center of your town, type the name of the town in the top field, then your forum username in the next field. That way if other members live in the same town, they can just add a comma and then their forum username behind yours so we don't end up with like dozens for location tags for the same town/city.

I think this will be great, not only can we get a wide visual on where other 899 owners are in the world, if we are going to be visiting somewhere, we can look up forum members and PM then if they want to ride and show us the best roads in their area!

Mods, can you make this a forum sticky?!

Alex

·
Registered
337 Posts
Alright guys, I made a map and here is the link:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zGniyIWzIfCQ.kG2P7-7pM-Yg

I set the Google permissions so that anyone with the link can view and edit (if signed into Google that is). It is not open to the public, only people we share the link with.

Just click on "add marker" then click the center of your town, type the name of the town in the top field, then your forum username in the next field. That way if other members live in the same town, they can just add a comma and then their forum username behind yours so we don't end up with like dozens for location tags for the same town/city.

I think this will be great, not only can we get a wide visual on where other 899 owners are in the world, if we are going to be visiting somewhere, we can look up forum members and PM then if they want to ride and show us the best roads in their area!

Mods, can you make this a forum sticky?!

Alex
Good idea man. Already put my name on map

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.