Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
On the Michelin website it lists new products.

The tire is called the: Power Supersport Evo

Has anyone managed to get a hold on one of these with a review?
I'm interested in any feed back.

I've just put a new tire (Rosso Corsa) on the rear (got 7400km out of the original) but looking for a set of tires for the road that will give me good grip but also a bit more mileage than the Rosso Corsa.
I'd like to stick with the 180/60 but there aren't many options!.
I've read the posts regarding putting a 180/55 on but I don't really want the hassle of my TC flashing and beeping etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Really man??? You got 7.400 km out of ONE rear tire and your still looking for something more durable???
I get roughly between 3.000 and 3.500 km out of the Rosso Corsa and that's OK with me. I previously had the Metzeler Racetec RR and that was an awesome tire. Very quickly to warm up, good feedback and a grip beyond this world, but...... lasted only 1.800 km, that's what I call a bad mileage!
I'm on my 5th set of tires now within the last 13 month and I would kill for a tire lasting 5.000 km with a grip/performance the current ones have.

Reactions: My899fox and CJZ

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm on my 5th set of tires now within the last 13 month.
Actually I lied accidentally, it was 14 month, .....but with a 5 month winter break in between.:eek: 13.500 km and and five sets of tires, that's all you need to know when it comes to asking me about my favorite activity in my spare time.:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep..........7400 km out of the rear.......but I was down to the canvas:eek:
When speaking to the boys who replaced my tire for me couldn't believe the mileage I got out of her.i was spitting coz I still had plenty of rubber on the sides left:D

I'm thinking that maybe the Michelin Power Supersport Evo will pump out about as much mileage as the Rosso Corsa?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
We started getting some of the new Supersport Evo's last week, but not the 180/60 rear size yet, those are supposed to start arriving next week. So far looks like a great tire, we had a couple people running them at our track days last weekend and had good feedback on them as far as grip and feel.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We started getting some of the new Supersport Evo's last week, but not the 180/60 rear size yet, those are supposed to start arriving next week. So far looks like a great tire, we had a couple people running them at our track days last weekend and had good feedback on them as far as grip and feel.
Hi Jarelj,

Thanks for some feedback. More feedback would be great as things progress regarding mileage.
Do you have price comparisons (RRP) up against the 180/60 Rosso Corsa?

·
Registered
171 Posts
im not shittin anyone here, but i must be doing something wrong, i still have the original rear tyre on @ 16K km's, I mostly commute on a motorway, so its straight up riding mainly, but still do occasionally get out on the twisty stuff. Its nicely squared off (plenty left on the sides), no canvas showing through either, i have a new tyre ready to go on for when i get back from a overseas holiday next week (will also be getting the suspension set properly for my weight). I'm always checking the tyre pressures (at least once a week) and running 36psi front/rear as the Ducati book says.

Might have to put a pic up to prove my point :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mmh, 16k km's, of course. And pigs can fly. :confused:
You do know that the 899 has more than 1 gear, right? There is a second, third and so on up to a sixth.:rolleyes:
Sounds like you never gonna need new tires, they come automatically with a new bike.:eek:;)

Reactions: Genie

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, then I can only come up with one explanation for this kinda extraordinary performance: You're on the wrong side of the road. You're all a bunch of wrong-way drivers! :eek:
Usually here the right-hand lane is the one to drive on. There the tarmac is designed in a very particular way: to give the most grip when driving there in a forward direction. Since you're all using our lane kinda backwards, for you the grippy part of it is eliminated. It's like stroking a dog through the fur. In one direction, it is smooth and soft (that's where you come into play), in the other direction, it is rough and bristly (that's where we got our knee on the ground).:p If all of you over there are driving on the wrong side, it is no wonder your tires last a full motorcycle life.:cool:

Reactions: Thegecko

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm at 21,500 miles since last April and soon to be on my 6th set of tires. I'm averaging 5-6k on a set of the Rossos (front never wears out but replace both at once).

Going to try out the Q3s this next week. Interested in this new 180/60!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gidday Jarelj,

Have you had any more feed back on the tyre mentioned above? And RRP?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Had a few people run them this year, feedback was good, grip and wear on the track were acceptable but the grip was not quite at the level that a faster track rider will want. You would need to step up to the full-on DOT race tire, the Power Cup Evo to get the grip. In my opinion they're still a step down from the Pirellis though, I still think the Supercorsa SP is the best "track/street" tire available for these bikes.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Had a few people run them this year, feedback was good, grip and wear on the track were acceptable but the grip was not quite at the level that a faster track rider will want. You would need to step up to the full-on DOT race tire, the Power Cup Evo to get the grip. In my opinion they're still a step down from the Pirellis though, I still think the Supercorsa SP is the best "track/street" tire available for these bikes.
Step down from the Supercorsas, the Rosso Corsas, or the Rosso IIs?

I don't think I necessarily need the grip of the Rosso Corsas and would trade more mileage for it.....

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Step down from the Supercorsas, the Rosso Corsas, or the Rosso IIs?

I don't think I necessarily need the grip of the Rosso Corsas and would trade more mileage for it.....
Step down from the Supercorsa SP's as far as track performance. As far as mileage, I don't know.

Jarel

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the update Jarelj.
Just replaced my front with a Rosso ll, so I'll c how that goes but so far so good.
I'm a bit like u Jessika, prepared to forfeit a bit of grip at the rear for a bit more mileage.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts