Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you swap out the pegs?

Don't laugh... my close up vision sucks. Is there a "c" clip over the retaining pin for the pegs? Any special tools needed to swap out the front pegs? That spring is pretty stiff, how much of a bugger is it to compress it to get it aligned for tapping the retaining pin back in place?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, there are c-clips. I want to say that was the only "tough" thing about the swap. Removing the c-clips without mangling it too much.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Super simple, and if you're careful with popping the c-clip you can use it again; just cup your hand over it as those things have a tendency to launch and then you pretty much have to say 'goodbye'. The other thing is to make sure you use locktite if the pegs are in two pieces. I bought a pair of LSL's, and they've been great.

·
Registered
550 Posts
C Clips can fly further than you think. Hold your hand over them when you are getting them off. I remember thinking when I did my pegs that the C clip wouldn't stay in the track and hold the pin correctly. But it did / and does.

But just be mindful of them. Do a ride and check that they are still there. :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas, good call on the loctite and cupping the C clip... I forgot, I did buy a tool with the small beak/pin tips to spread C clips apart... bought it to install the clip that holds my Rizoma oil cap in place.

·
Registered
305 Posts
This is a super easy job. The C-clips are very simple to get off even with a flat head screw driver. No compression of the spring is necessary.
Only thing i want to add is to cover the spring when you re-install it also, not just when you take it off.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Told you my close up vision wasn't good... lol... Those were NOT "C" clips with the small round holes on the ends of the clips. They are "E" clips. I tried using some channel lock C clip removers with the small pins on the tip of the pliers and I broke one of the E clips taking it off. No biggie, the shop had several spares.

As said above, a small flat head eyeglass screw driver works best for simply sliding the E clip off.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Don't you have any of those funky looking glasses for when you a working on people's teeth?

Glad you got it worked out...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I wear "loupes", they're like $1700! I keep them at work in a case when not wearing, if I break them, I'm SOL and can't work til I get a replacement pair. Too expensive to keep a back up pair, lol.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sorry if I led you down the wrong path. Once you mentioned e-clips, I totally remembered them as such. It was simply too long ago when I did the swap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts