Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

Just purchased my Ducati 899 from 2014 couple of days ago. Finally a dream comes true :) .

The bike I have purchased is in really good condition, only 14 000km on the clock :) . In addition the previous owner have already made some changes, the biggest one being installing the Termignoni exhaust.

I still would like to perform some update like installing carbon fenders front and rear, as well as installing a clear clutch from ducabike. Question actually regarding the installation of the ducabike clear clutch, I know I have to buy a clutch housing from another panigale, and I was wondering if the Clutch Housing 243.3.127.4A will fit in my bike (originally this id the clutch housing for the 959)?

I also have a question regarding the engine break. I find it really strong, like if I stop giving gas, the motorbike is breaking like hell. I want to install the ducati spacers in the throttle, and was wondering if this might help, any idea?

Thanks in advance for your help, again really happy to be part of the panigale 899 family :) .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, the bike seems to be in great shape. Regarding the engine brake, try playing with the EBC setting in the dash and see if it makes a difference. The throttle spacers would definitely help as they remove unwanted play at the throttle grip so you have better control, resulting in a smoother ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats with your new bike! That bike was sold quickly as I’ve been checken that one out last friday!
Ahah was looking for one to buy and it’s really hard to fine... At the moment this was the best offer available, low mileage and good price ^^. Also negotiated 6 months warranty with the dealer so I am really happy. But within the Netherlands, all Ducati 899/959 are sold so quickly it’s insane....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah only about three for sale or so at the moment. I bought the other low mileage one nearby your dealer :)
Ahah yes I saw it as well but was not fast enough ahah. Are you planning on installing a clear clutch as well? And if so, are you handy enough to do it yourself? I believe I can do it, but I will feel more secure if I can do it with someone more experienced than myself ahah…

·
Registered
36 Posts
congrats on the purchase! Here is my 899 that I recently converted into a track bike! You definitely need to take it on the track. The track fairings are from armor bodies and already have a coat of primer. Just used white paint then red..budget friendly...It takes about 2/3 hours to switch from track to street fairings..I remember frame sliders too!
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Helmet Sports gear

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice bike USFBIOTECH. On my side I don’t think I will go on the track with mine, too worry to fell down with the bike 😱😱😱😱.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts