Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new member here and in the market for a 899. I’ve found one but the owner says it’s a course edition. It has “Ducati Course” decals and a silver tank. I can’t find anywhere that Ducati made a 899 Course with a silver tank…Was this bike made? Any help from the community here is helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
To my knowledge, Ducati never made an 899 Corse, so it's likely a custom paint job, with or without any actual upgrades. Tell the seller you never heard of an 899 Corse, and ask what exactly is different from the base model. If the seller is the original owner, ask for anything (manuals, invoice) that would qualify the bike as a special edition. If it's not the original owner, maybe the guy got the bike like this, and really believes he has a Corse...
In any case, if the bike is in good shape and the paint job is well done... why not? I personally made a sticker kit for my 899, inspired to the 1199R, even if there is no such a thing as an 899R...

By the way, it's "Corse", not "Course". "Corse" literally means "Races" in English, but it'd be better translated to "Racing", as in "Ducati Racing".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great info, going to look into it! Your 899 looks great.

What's a fair price for a 899 with about 10,000 miles here in the US. I'm in Southern California.

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Difficult to say, I'd guess $9-10k depending on conditions, but bikes are hot at the moment, and I've seen some 899s listed for as much as $12-13k, which is crazy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts