Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

New white 899 owner from Los Angeles. Picking up my brand new bike on Friday. Looking forward to learn a lot from experienced riders. I am currently riding a 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300. It will take some time to get used to my new baby. :)
I will still keep my ninja though as I use it for commuting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
welcome @ucarla! I'm an LA rider too! @ajctraveler.... I'm in for a ride but headed to the south (mississippi) this weekend. I was thinking of getting a group together for the following weekend too.

Enjoy your new ride ucarla!

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you're around the Santa Monica mountains, pm me

·
Registered
83 Posts
Where did you buy it from?

There are a BUNCH of us in LA with 899s. I'm going to put together a run for next weekend. Hope you can make it. PM me your email if you're interested.
bummer! i'll be in AZ golfing next weekend..how about the following weekend after next week :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
welcome ucarla and congrats on getting the ultimate riding machine ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
im going to this ride..free coffee and donuts before ride then free lunch after ride. i havent been to this route for the longest time so it should be fun and interesting for me. i'll post this on the Ride section as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i forgot to include heres what they posted on their facebook page...

Come out and join us for the annual Euro Bike Ride on Sunday June 1st! We're going to meet here at the Mega Mall at 9 a.m. for coffee & donuts and head out to Highway 39 and ride up to Crystal Lake!
We'll also be having lunch after the ride here at the Mega Mall. Make sure you RSVP by calling (626) 974-6600! You Must R.S.V.P. for the lunch so we know how much food to order!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just put 12 miles on it. First took local roads and jumped onto I-10 East. I had a blast! It gets angry and hot though -too hot-but I think I will get used to it. And I had a hard time to shift to neutral from time to time. I guess the only thing I don't like about this bike is the clutch lever. I had to pull it really hard to engage. I am not sure but I think I can adjust it or replace with shortly levers.

I sat on my ninja right after parking the ducati and it felt like riding a kid's bike. such a big difference.. I am 5'8, male btw. Now reading all the manuals so I can learn every single detail about this beast.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.