Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, pretty much obsessed with this bike and plan on getting it this summer. im about 5'6" and found out this bike might be a bit too tall for me...is there any way to lower it? if not i might have to look into other bikes which would be really depressing

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm only 5ft 6inch and I've got one. Tip toe most of the time or just lean slightly and one foot down flat. Think you can fit the 1199 seat with less padding.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm also 5ft 6inchs and I also tip toe
But the bike is very stable
And then lean bike to one side and one foot flat

Don't let your height stop you from getting the bike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can't say that I share the same problem as you guys as far as height goes as I am 6'1", but I do think it would be sad if you didn't buy the bike just because of your height. Hopefully these guys have put your mind to rest about the height thing.

Other than that, welcome to our 899 Panigale forum! Where do you hail from @jlister ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey guys, pretty much obsessed with this bike and plan on getting it this summer. im about 5'6" and found out this bike might be a bit too tall for me...is there any way to lower it? if not i might have to look into other bikes which would be really depressing
I'm shy of -5'6", usually on the balls of my feet. It won't matter when you are rolling :). Just have to watch where you stop. Super comfortable bike!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
You can shave the seat down about 1". At 5' 6" this helped me quite a bit. The 1199 linkage will work also. My dealer has done one 899 already.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys i appreciate the replies. i went to a dealership today to sit on one. i was wearing boots and i was on the balls of my feet which isnt a bad thing at all. ill be wearing those alot along with my riding shoes which have a pretty good sole too. i decided im probably not gonna lower it i wanna keep this bike as stock as possible except for putting on some termis and i just dont want to deal with tweaking anything like the suspension and such. i probably should have waited to sit on it though. im completely obsessed with this bike its literally perfect in every way. but ya you guys are right i would most likely just lean on my left and flat foot it. i convinced myself that im gonna get my dream bike this year instead of settling for anything less and this bike is easily it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
welcome aboard @jilster.

I'm 5'7-5'8 and was wondering about a similar issue, but like others have said you can swap in a couple 1199 pieces to make it easier. The rear shock from the 1199 is plug and play, not only is it adjustable but I do believe its a higher caliber component as well. all for $399 or something like that ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome aboard @jilster.

I'm 5'7-5'8 and was wondering about a similar issue, but like others have said you can swap in a couple 1199 pieces to make it easier. The rear shock from the 1199 is plug and play, not only is it adjustable but I do believe its a higher caliber component as well. all for $399 or something like that ;)
will this change the handling or anything? i wont need to tweak anything else like the suspension etc?

·
Registered
793 Posts
It will change the handling. How much is anyone's guess at this point. The mechanic at my dealership said lowering the rear end will cause the rear to squat more on corner exits. We were talking about the track. My dealer is doing the mod right now so as soon as I can ride I'll try to give some feedback. It might be helpful to check out some 1199 forums and see how adjusting the link effected their handling.

Reactions: jlister

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Glad you liked it when you sat on it, believe me, your obsession will only get stronger until you take the plunge, then it gets even stronger still....:D:D:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts