Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! New member here. I don't currently own an 899(yet), but it is the #1 thing on my to-do list. I've always loved ducati's and fell in love with MarkNoWhereMan's 1199 S and 999 on youtube. I saw a ducati for the first time in person last month at a bike night at Cycle Gear, and it was an 899! In fact I took some great photos of it because I loved it so much haha.

I fell in love with the bike since that day. The sound, the looks, everything. I just had to ride one for myself. Little did I know that the ducati dealer down the street from that cycle gear had plenty of demo bikes for test rides. So I went to the dealer on Saturday and test drove the 899 and the triumph street triple r. If I was doing an extremely far commute everyday or slow speed city driving I would gladly take the triumph. But the Ducati had me the first time I revved it lol. I also only test drove it in wet mode.

So I went back today to try out the bmw s1000rr. I didn't like it at all. It just felt plain, and sounded just like any other inline 4. And not to mention the whole area around the take and the side fairings were BURNING HOT. That turned me off. It got that hot with 15 minutes of riding, mostly highway. I know the 899 gets hot as well, but its mostly on the seat area(heated seats? :p) I much preferred the heat coming from the seat than from the tank. I then took the 899 out for another spin, about 40 minutes this time. I put it in race mode and opened it up on the highway. I'm still smiling right now. I was just able to pick any spot on the highway and instantly get there lol. The left lane was completely open and I got the bike up to 148mph in 5th gear. Didn't even get to go to 6th gear lol. I obviously would never ride it like that once I get it, only on the track. I just wanted to open it up and see how fast it would go in race mode compared to wet. I was in my full leathers and track boots btw, ATGATT.

I've put 4250 miles on my ninja 300 and a few hundred on my sv650 and I feel like I've taken the bike to around 80-85% of its capabilities. I've used up the whole tire, no chicken strips, and I feel very confident in my riding skills after only riding for 6 months. I rode up all 3 of these bikes like it was nothing. I feel like people on the ninja 300 forum exaggerate how big of a difference it is going to a 600 or a 1000. I also noticed that the bikes also felt more comfortable to me, especially the 899. The clip-ons were lower and farther out than the clip-ons on my 300, but it felt like a more comfortable position to me. I am 5'11 21 pounds btw.

I also had the opportunity of riding with 15 ducati owners from the ducati owner club of New York meetup group. It was really interesting to me that most of them had monsters. Two had 899's and I was riding near one most of the ride and once again I loved it haha. Here is a video from that

I talked with the sales representative from the dealer and he gave me tons of info. I have decided I will be going with the exact bike I rode, the demo model 899. He told me once they have 1000 miles on them, they are put for sale for $1500 cheaper and he said I would be the first person to know. I won't be purchasing the bike however for maybe a few months.

Sorry for the long read haha I just had to get my love for the bike out there. I'm happy to join this forum, seems like a really good and active forum. I'll be lurking around and asking questions as needed. I just want to learn as much about the bike before purchase and see how everyone likes it over time. I'll post my test ride video here as well for anyone that wants to see it. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michael, welcome to the forum and good luck on your goal. If you want it bad, you will have it. Please post pics once you pick her up ;)
Thanks! Yea I want it so bad its the only thing on my mind right now haha. I'll definitely take plenty of pics and vids if I do get it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.