Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently bought a 2014 Ducati 899 from a single owner in the Denver area. Lovely bike, has some carbon fiber bits on it. It’s my second ride, moving up from a Ninja 300. I’ve only been riding for 2 years now, and probably have maybe 30 hours on a bike if I had to guess. I also took a bike safety course to get my license. Been looking for a rear stand, so if anyone can suggest one I’d appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. There is not much activity here anymore, so you won't get many answers...
For a rear stand, a popular choice is Pit Bull, their stands are known for being extremely solid and well built, but they aren't cheap. For the occasional chain lube or simple maintenance, even cheaper stands would do the job... you can find several on Amazon (just stick with those that seem popular, and get positive reviews), Cycle Gear or similar. In any case, get some swingarm spools for the 899 (I see you don't have them), and go for a spool-type stand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome! I just got my 899 from Erico in February. See just a couple posts down.
Also check out Moto-D rolling stands if you need to maneuver the bike in a tight garage. Maybe we'll see you around the front range and the mountains!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! I just got my 899 from Erico in February. See just a couple posts down.
Also check out Moto-D rolling stands if you need to maneuver the bike in a tight garage. Maybe we'll see you around the front range and the mountains!
I saw some time back maybe a month when we had a warm spell back in April about 20 riders meeting at pine junction, lots of sport bikes. I waved on the way down 285 heading into Denver. I live up in Bailey myself. Have not ridden with others really. From what I've seen people get crazy in groups or can. I love the bike and riding but not much of a risk taker on it. I went up 93 to Boulder and got passed on the median (right side) by 2-3 guys doing 100+ mph... crazy! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I recently bought a 2014 Ducati 899 from a single owner in the Denver area. Lovely bike, has some carbon fiber bits on it. It’s my second ride, moving up from a Ninja 300. I’ve only been riding for 2 years now, and probably have maybe 30 hours on a bike if I had to guess. I also took a bike safety course to get my license. Been looking for a rear stand, so if anyone can suggest one I’d appreciate it. :)

View attachment 41126

View attachment 41127
Ho
Hello,

View attachment 41126

View attachment 41127
How are you enjoying it?! I’m thinking of upgrading to this too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts